Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
We are currently looking for a Trustee Administrator to join our Investment Operations team with HSBC Securities Services, based in Edinburgh
* Support the Trustee Managers in providing a high quality trustee and depositary monitoring service to ensure that clients comply with the FCA rules and in accordance with the Trustee and Depositary Services corporate trusteeship responsibilities. Maintain excellent relationships with clients and their third party administrators communicating with them in a professional, clear and concise manner, meeting all deadlines.
* Undertake a programme of trustee checks, as assigned, in accordance with all relevant internal, legal, Bank and Group Compliance Policies and procedures. Checks include but are not limited to:
* Reconciliation reviews
* Investment and borrowing power checks (manual & automated)
* Overdraft monitoring, including persistency checks
* Derivative monitoring
* Creation/Cancellation process and all associated tasks
* Price checks
* Fee authorisation and payments
* Resolve complex enquiries and queries on time and in accordance with current guidelines.
* Identify client and third party administrators' requirements accurately.
* Provide clear and concise written and verbal responses, and resolve outstanding queries within agreed timescales.
* Share knowledge and experience with colleagues.
* Provide information confidently and in a structured manner.
* Report perceived operational risks in line with market conditions and regulatory requirements.
* When requested review procedures, utilising knowledge and understanding of the task.
Knowledge and Experience
* PC and systems skills
* A good knowledge of the Securities industry.
* Good knowledge of the COLL rule book
* A willingness to study for professional qualifications (IOC)
* Preferably some experience in the Collective industry plus an understanding of the fundamentals of a securities environment, preferably with a trustee or custody background
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000CF4L
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banki