Role of the team
The Global Markets Middle Office Product Management Team sits with Global Markets Middle Office. It manages the Global Trade & Transaction Reporting programme, which itself is part of the wider Global Markets Regulatory Programme suite
Trade & Transaction Product Management
* Trade & Transaction Product Management is responsible for change management, analysis, definition and delivery of solutions for business requirements resulting from the introduction of new and updated Trade Reporting rules by the various Global Regulatory Bodies, such as HKMA, MIFID2, CFTC, EMIR, and SFTR, working closely alongside the IT function
* The industry remains under increased regulatory pressure across our businesses as these reporting obligations are put into effect; therefore a substantial amount of cross functional change is required, and is coordinated by the T&TR Product Management Team to ensure HSBC adhere to regulatory objectives in the most time, cost, controlled and technologically efficient manner.
The role of the Project Manager is to support the Product Owner(s), and Global Programme Director to deliver projects within the Global Portfolio.
The PM is responsible for the following activities and deliverables:
* Responsible for the end to end delivery for Regulatory Change projects (e.g. SFTR, HKMA, MiFID, EMIR, CFTC etc.) and / or internal Strategic Architecture implementations.
* Manage Front Office stakeholders, Compliance, Asset Class Business Managers and Technology PODs ensuring commitment to the project and deliverables from all required functions are met and ensure sustainable Operational Controls.
* Working with the Regional Product Owner(s) and project team, deliver Business Requirements, gap analysis, solution design and implementation of business and Technology changes.
* Coordinate the rule interpretation and impact assessment for the regulatory changes in conjunction with Legal and Compliance.
* Maintain key programme deliverables such as work-stream plans, status updates, RAID logs, change logs, traceability, programme toll-gates, etc.
* Create and review with relevant stakeholders the global operating model, business cases and plans to support delivery.
* Manage the technology and business model changes.
* Work with the IT delivery PODs and co-ordinators to evaluate the key delivery stages according to any agreed baselined plans, leading solution based discussions to mitigate risks and resolve issues.
* When making changes, develop a detailed TOM for the business supported with relevant Organisation Design and Operational Controls.
* Work closely with the business group to drive consistency, control and best practice across the regions.
* Manage resource schedule, project budget and capacity planning escalating any risks or issues in a timely manner.
* Drive solutions, action, and unblock problems in a timely, expedient manner, balancing the need for delivery with business and operational risk to acceptable levels
* Support the identification and development of solutions to mitigate the risks identified as part of the project implementation approach, reporting and escalating, if necessary, issues for resolution.
* Management of the regulatory risk to the business through the effective business implementation of evolving regulatory requirements.
* Provide regular communications to stakeholders, including those directly impacted and sponsoring, and those in the wider eco-system
* Experience with working as a conduit between Business and Technology teams to ensure requirements are clearly understood and solutions delivered.
* Experience with Agile methodology and working across multiple suppliers and consumers of Technology change.
* Proven track record of leading the design, development and delivery of global projects, across geographies, time zones and with multiple stakeholders.
* An in-depth understanding of the Global Markets business with a strong understanding of OTC products and the regulatory framework in the Financial Services sector.
* Experience within Technology with a track record delivering Regulatory Trade Reporting requirements
* Prior experience in compliance and/or regulatory change programmes is highly desirable.
* Confidence and track record in building sound working relationships with key stakeholders, securing project resources or priorities from them through persuasion and influence rather than necessarily authority.
* Strong analytical ability to support decisions with sound reasoning.
* Ability to interpret regulatory changes and assess implications on business through detailed analysis.
* Self-starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within a team and who can influence and motivate people around them.
* Good presentation skills
* Adaptable and can thrive in a diverse work environment.