The team work directly with the Structured Credit & Funding, ABS Solutions, Hybrids and Portfolio Restructuring trading desks. SCMO are central to all trading activity relating to the desks it supports and therefore interacts regularly with a wide range of internal departments including Trading, Structuring, Sales, Operations, Product Control, Model Validation Group, Quants and Risk Management.
This role sits within SCMO, which provides trade management and first-line support for Exotic Credit trading and structuring desks.
The Structured Credit business trades a full suite of structured products including CLNs, structured financing repos/loans and other credit derivatives, as well as associated hedging (Bonds, CDS, credit indices, futures, swaps etc).
Objectives critical for success in role:
* The successful candidate will be required to understand Exotic products booking process, valuation models and downstream interaction with confirmation and settlement systems.
* Manage relationships with senior traders and other stakeholders such as the offshore teams, business managers, regulatory reporting, risk management etc.
* Develop controls and governance frameworks to accommodate the bespoke nature of the structured business.
* Perform review of Front Office trade booking against the term sheet and/or blotter.
* Manage trade lifecycle incorporating call events & triggers, structured note issuance and complex cashflow management.
* Work closely with support functions (documentation, settlements, valuations, collateral management, reconciliations) taking responsibility for providing full operational support to Front Office.
* Proactively look for ways to improve processes/systems and close control gaps.
* Co-ordinate across departments and regions to deliver process and system enhancements.
* Produce T0 P&L Flash, including risk based P&L attribution and commentary.
* Create and review daily trading activity reports.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
* Strong communication skills and ability to multitask
* Strong numerical and problem solving skills
* Control mind-set and good understanding of operational risks
* Ability to manage own time and responsibilities
* Proactive in investigating and resolving issues
* Proactive in looking for ways to improve processes and controls
* Good exotic derivative product knowledge, preferably Credit (including bookings & documentation)
* Knowledge of controls required throughout trade lifecycle
* Proficiency in using Excel (preferably VBA/macro)