* One of the 3 pillars within the GBM Chief Control Office, the Risk Process and Control team drives the consistent application and effective implementation of Non-Financial Risk, within GBM.
* The role will include, inter alia, directing and managing the following (or a subset thereof as agreed with management):
* NFR Optimisation & Embedding - Responsibility for the validation and effective embedding of the ORMF including regulatory change and oversight of RCAs including control design.
* Process Design, Control Monitoring and Remediation - Responsibility for overseeing an efficient methodology for Front-to-Back processes across GBM.
The role holder will be responsible for the following:
* Participating in NFR governance, including Design Authority, Delivery Board, and design and implementation working groups to ensure that impact of the programme on GBM Businesses is understood and can be efficiently implemented, whilst ensuring that GBM business interests are recognized and accommodated by the programme, at both Global and regional levels.
* Through a deep understanding of the Operational Risk Operating Model, policies and systems and of GBM Business characteristics and requirements provide advice, business solutions to GBM stakeholders as required
* This role requires a senior, experienced individual who will be able to influence design and execution with an appreciation of the impact this will have on current ways of working.
* This individual will require the leadership capability and ability to acquire knowledge and understanding of the Operational Risk model and the HSBC organization that will allow them to be accepted as a go to authority within GBM and the wider programme. They will be required to be supported by the leaders across the First Line of Defence in socialization and agreement of key design proposals.
* They will be required to exercise judgment to ensure designs are simple, pragmatic and effective
Impact on Business
* Act as a leader, alongside the Head of Risk Process & Control to drive the direction, co-ordination and delivery of the Process and Control function.
* Contribute to the design of roles, responsibilities, capabilities and learning framework for the First Line of Defence
* Design a transformed set of business processes within the operational risk management framework, with compelling points of arrival for each business, function and region.
* Gain a deep understand of the Operational Risk System (Helios) and the impact of change on the system and the Business operating model.
* Support the realignment of culture and behaviours across the Three Lines of Defence in line with the Group values and the Target Operating Model for operational risk management
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
* Subject matter expert in operational risk and in particular first line best practice
* Strong understanding of the issues facing banking and financial services with the ability to understand HSBC direction and change plans in this context.
* Strong Risk framework/ infrastructure - design, implementation and enhancement across the 1st and 2nd Line of Defence.
* Strategic business change management, project leadership, process/control design and streamlining experience.
* Strong Investment Banking/ Financial background with track record of delivery
* Proven ability in analytical reasoning, including ability to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions.
* In depth understanding of Investment Banking Products and Markets combined with an understanding of all Risk issues impacting GBM business, that would enable the role holder to speak with authority and influence to senior business/control heads, right up to the GBM CEO/COO level
* Non-essential but advantageous would be an understanding of HSBC and GBM structures, processes and objectives.
* Good knowledge of the external environment (regulatory, political, competitors etc.).
* High level of drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously.
* Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in clear language.
* Use judgment and experience to determine how to handle complex requests and varying timescales; make judgments quickly and consistently.
* Strong relationship management and collaboration skills: ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the senior management level in the organisation.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
* Across the Group, including the capacity to articulate the case for investments and alternatives in the language of business.
* Practical experience of major business transformation activities.
* Must have the ability to bring together business-line and regional groups and influence them to deliver a consistent global outcome for GBM.
* Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
* Able to work effectively at all levels in an organisation.