Overall Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for working closely with the business to provide legal support to (i) Amundi (UK) Limited
and (ii) the European based investment teams (4 investment hubs) of the Amundi group.
- legal counsel is an important part of the approval process for new products and mandates and works on all legal aspects required during the lifecycle of the products and client relationships, as well as the responsibilities listed below.
This VIE role will be for 18 months.
The role of the VIE includes a variety of legal tasks and involves providing legal support and advice to Senior Legal Counsels and/or internal clients with respect to the following:
Amundi (UK) Limited:
- Assisting in providing general legal assistance and advice on a variety of legal issues relevant to the business, including the investment management, middle office, commercial team and support functions and corporate governance
- Negotiation and review of various agreements, ie, confidentiality, side letters, services agreements, etc.
- Assisting legal counsels of centralised legal functions as needed with respect to: distribution, institutional client services, capital markets, corporate, corporate development and/or private debt/loans’ activities
- Assisting in the implementation of various legal projects, as needed
Capital Markets- Investments:
- Assisting with the negotiating and review of:
- complex derivatives on all major asset classes and other structured products documentation (TRS, Performance Swaps, Dynamic Equity Portfolio Swaps, structured repos, hybrid instruments)
- complex collateral solutions (initial margin, pledge agreements with or without reuse,…)
- structured notes documentation and assisting Portfolio Managers/Front Office to understand legal features and mechanism of the targeted investment (guarantees, collateral buffers, tranched architectures of the notes, default mechanisms)
- Conducting legal analysis and advising at the occurrence of specific events affecting existing investments (credit events, defaults, early redemptions, assignments, merger or restructuring events…)
- Assisting in legal review of legal documentation of new instruments or markets comprising legal analysis of the market or instrument and negotiation of relevant documentation.
• The VIE will possess a Bachelor of Law (LLB.
Or equivalent) and preferably hold a Master of Laws (LLM or equivalent)
• Minimum of 1 year experience in a corporate legal department or law firm
• Preferred experience in asset management