Deutsche Bank AG
★★★★★ 2 Reviews
Job Title: Java/Scala Developer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Division: Technology Location: London
Opening Date: 13/06/2019
Closing Date: 12/07/2019
The Repack development team face off to Deutsche Bank's Repackaging Desk. The team work closely with the desk to build software that reduces risk and cost associated with issuing and managing structured notes through Special Purpose Vehicles. This is achieved by applying modern engineering best practice to automate manual processes and providing a clear, up-to-date representation of the structures.
* Developing web applications in Java and Scala
* Developing client side code with ReactJS
* Collaborating with users across front office and control functions to define requirements
* Ensuring that all new features are fully covered by automated tests
* Mentoring junior members of the team
* Conducting pair programming
* Ensuring code quality is maintained across the team
* Assisting in the agile transformation of the wider group
* Driving technical improvements
Skills & Qualifications:
* Significant Java/Scala experience in industry
* Strong understanding of object oriented design
* Experienced practitioner of Test Driven Developemnt, unit testing, automated acceptance testing
* Real world experience pair programming
* Experience working on agile software projects - we expect candidates to have real interest in agile/lean methodologies and understand underlying concepts, not just to have done some Scrum training
* Experience of working with users to understand their needs and define requirements
* Experience of working full stack
Diversity, inclusion and mutual respect are essential elements of who we are. These values define the working environment we strive to create - engaging, supportive and welcoming of different views. We believe innovation stems from intellectual curiosity alongside the right mix of skills and talents. Therefore, we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds. The company promotes equality of opportunity and encourages the development of all employees to their full potential.
We are open to agile working arrangements - talk to us about flexibility and other initiatives we offer.We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and national or ethnic origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.