Deutsche Bank AG
★★★★★ 2 Reviews
Job Title: Java Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Overview: The Global Markets Technology group is responsible for engineering solutions for some of the most complex business challenges. It develops systems that drive business and financial systems world-wide and develops award-winning solutions that drive competitive advantage for the Bank. The group does this by combining its broad technology expertise with its deep understanding of the business and productions it supports.
* Delivering solutions to a multitude of clients using your Java skills
* Closely working with the Project Manager to discuss status, estimates, potential slippages and other risks
* Identifying inefficiencies and contributing to process improvements in the Software Development Life Cycle
* Participating in and running the calls with global project stakeholders, including business when required
* Taking responsibility for solution design/technical analysis
* Designing, developing and peer reviewing new functionality in various code languages
* Developing, testing and proactively supporting enhancements/fixes/new initiatives
Skills & Qualifications:
* An expert Java developer and a keen team player/leader
* Capable of working in a collaborative environment and adhering to the latest Agile methodologies, the role is hands-on and you will be involved in the full development lifecycle
* Displays a combination of strong technical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
* Excellent core Java skills to take technical responsibility for a number of key components within our electronic trading platform
* Knowledge of core J2SE and J2EE, including multi-threading and Java Database Connectivity
* Good Object Orientated design principles and patterns
* Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience (a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering would be beneficial)
* Knowledge of server side, scalable, applications - REST, Spring, SQL / NoSQL etc
* Knowledge on 'big data' technology - e.g: Hadoop and it's ecosystem, Spark
* An ability to work with a distributed team
Diversity, inclusion and mutual respect are essential elements of who we are. These values define the working environment we strive to create - engaging, supportive and welcoming of different views. We believe innovation stems from intellectual curiosity alongside the right mix of skills and talents. Therefore, we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds. The company promotes equality of opportunity and encourages the development of all employees to their full potential. We are open to agile working arrangements - talk to us about flexibility and other initiatives we offer.
We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and national or ethnic origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.