CA CIB UK
CA CIB UK
Assist in the execution of large and complex project finance transactions (arranging and advisory (debt advisory and asset & disposals advisory) in the Infrastructure sector within EMEA, under the supervision of deal team leaders and other team members.
Infrastructure projects include those related to transportation (roads, rail, airports, ports), social infrastructure (hospitals, schools), environment (water, waste), regulated utilities (regulated water, gas distribution) and other “hybrid” infrastructure sub-sectors (e.g.
motorway services, oil tank farms, car parks, smartmetering).
· Assist transaction team leaders in the execution of project finance transactions, including financial modelling as well as discrete elements of the documentation and due diligence processes
· Support directors in their general sector-oriented business origination activities, including participation in marketing efforts and carrying out sector-specific research, as well as other commercial or administrative duties as assigned
· Ensure that Infrastructure client results (NBI, RWA, CWA) are properly reported through the various internal systems (ClientLive).
Assist in budgeting, planning and reporting on Client budgets in various internal systems
· Prepare marketing material for presentation to clients
· Assist in the preparation of credit applications
· Assist in syndication process (e.g.
drafting of info memo, handling of Q&A with syndicate banks)
· Assist in populating transactional internal systems e.g.
PI, transaction rating, Equator Principal grids (under supervision)
· On an ad hoc basis, assist in managing transactions in portfolio (e.g.
waivers, annual reviews)
· Good understanding of financial engineering principles, including mastery of spreadsheet-based financial analysis and a good understanding of tax and accounting principles
· Basic knowledge of risk analysis methodology in the context of complex structured transactions
· An understanding of technical and commercial aspects of project finance a plus
· Financial education background (MBA or equivalent)
Legal and Regulatory Responsibilities
· Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal Compliance requirements, including, but not limited to, the London Compliance manual and the Financial Crime Policy.
· Maintain appropriate knowledge to ensure to be fully qualified to undertake the role.
Complete all mandatory training as required to attain and maintain competence.
MBA or equivalent
CFA or accountancy degree
Previous internships in a financial environment (banks or similar)
Exposure to project finance or related field within structured finance