* The GBM CDO function was initially established in July 2013 as part of a HSBC wide program to improve the management of data across the organisation. As the function has continued to evolve, the team is looking to build out stronger relationships across the GBM Business Units and Functional teams.
The team has an existing structure that has been looking at "foundation" level CDO deliverables including:
* Data Quality including Data Quality Dashboard
* Data Quality Issue Management
* Metadata Management
* Data Sharing & Data Usage
* In addition, the team has been engaged in or has been driving key regulatory programmes including BCBS, FCR, GDPR, CCAR and FRTB.
* The broader COO organisation has been building out a Data Analytics function to start driving tangible data benefits through Data Science capability. The team is in its infancy but has picked up discreet use cases with tangible Business benefits or risk reduction.
* The core objective of this role is work as part of a team of data quality, business analysts, US Global Business and Functions (GBGFs), and work closely with System owners to develop a best-in-class DQ remediation capabilities.
* The aim will be to show how we can support the delivery of either regulatory milestones or to use Data Analytics capabilities to deliver tangible benefits.
Core responsibilities will include (but not limited to);
* Overall ownership & co-ordination of DQIM & Remediation activities
* Prepare DQIM MI & communication packages for all meetings
* Drive and manage the Remediation process with creation, approval, development, and implementation of prioritised Issues in DQIM & Helios for critical projects
* Collaborate across GBGFs and IT teams to ensure accurate, agreed-upon data quality controls are developed and maintained
* Manage and oversee the implementation of the DQ SOP providing guidance and assistance on best practices, next steps, and template usage
* Produce monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of GBM CDO data governance status for executive reporting and ensure the quality and accuracy of Issues in the data governance tool
* Document and implement leading practices, standardised processes, and roles & responsibilities for measuring data consistency across systems
* The Head of DQIM & Measurement is based in New York or London but is part of a global team.
* Remediate data quality Issues for customer, connected party, and transactional data to drive regulatory compliance and adoption of data as an asset
* Accelerate delivery of DQ remediation
* Full understanding and remediation of data quality at the source and throughout the end-to-end data flow
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.