If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
* Ability to design and implement a model that addresses business requirements
* Ability to design and implement a model validation framework that assess model adequacy
* Ability to effective document the model following given standards
* Understanding of regulatory requirements means the business is forewarned of changes in the regulation and can prepare accordingly.
* Understanding of mathematical concepts behind CCR and Collateral models already implemented
* Ability to navigate through the existing analytical modules of CCR Aggregation and Collateral libraries
* Effective communication with the GRA team at both Regional and Group levels ensures there is a strong common understanding of the models and that best practices are being applied.
* Providing bespoke analysis for new business helps ensure that the business can make appropriate risk/capital assessments.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
* Experience in CCR/XVA/Pricing Quantitative Analytics team. Having been personally involved in building simulation(Monte Carlo scenario generation) models and developing simulation solution
* Ideally previously involved in successful DIM implementation for IMM (and/or good to have DIM implementation for MVA)
* Previously involved or familiar with CCR backtesting for IMM
* Ideally previously involved in successful regulatory submissions
* Ability to lead, manage and successfully deliver projects within the agreed time scale, in liaison with all relevant stakeholders: model owners, credit, business, IT, senior management and regulators.
* Clear and demonstrable familiarity with ISDA SIMM, and good to have familiarity with other Initial Margin computation (as for instance, CCP IM)
* Clear and demonstrable familiarity key risk measures such as MVA, CVA, EPE, PFE.
* Minimum Masters level in Math/Computer Science/Engineering discipline
* Excellent understanding of Stochastic Calculus applied to quantitative finance and numerical optimisation technics
* Developer with demonstrable experience in python/JAVA/C++