Global Markets - Regulatory Project Manager
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
The Markets regulatory change group is accountable for ensuring that the Markets business cross asset class continue to be connected with regulators, peers and clients in the lobbying and understanding of the regulations. Subsequently, the group is responsible for ensuring that HSBC's Markets businesses are compliant with all existing and incoming regulations globally. This role performs a critical function in ensuring ongoing compliance with global regulations including new regulations, changing and evolving regulations and BAU requirements to ensure we continue to adhere to existing regulatory requirements. The role focusses on applying business analysis and project management skills to successfully manage change and project managing ongoing implementations in particular, understanding the intent of new regulation and managing and analysing the impact to the business, and ultimately implementing successful programs to meet changes and ensure they are embedded in our day to day operations. The role allows Markets to maintain our licence to operate with our client base, and ensure that we remain compliant whilst also factoring in the commercial impacts of regulation and associated changes and ensuring that we continue to improve and enhance and strive for efficiencies.
Skills and Experience required
* Knowledge of Regulatory landscape across the financial markets desirable,
* Has strong understanding of F2B operations of a Markets business
* Prior Markets experience including an understanding of financial products (Equities, FX and Fixed Income)
* Able to lead and influence various groups (FO, Ops, IT, Risk, Finance) to achieve desired outcome
* Communicates effectively to update senior management of progress and problems
* Leadership and Project Management skillsets
* Self-starter with good organisational and problem solving skills
* Ability to multi task managing various deliveries concurrently to meet deadlines and budgets
* Understand market developments, business and client needs pre and post trade
* Process thinker, with ability to design / engineer efficient processes, and create efficient STP work flow
* Solutions oriented, with a strong sense of ownership and problem solving skills
* Flexible with good time management; can carry out a number of different tasks concurrently
* Able to work autonomously and with limited supervision
* Ability to challenge and lead others to deliver - ability to drive consensus and buy-in using the facts of an issue/situation.
* Needs to quickly establish credibility with business, compliance and functional face-offs.
* Ability to coordinate across business areas, functions and regions
* Needs to quickly establish credibility with business, compliance and functional face-offs
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000DV0K
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.