Data Manager - Product Management
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) focuses on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and in the future, pioneering the techniques and technology that protect our business, our customers, and the many communities in which we operate from the harms associated with financial crime. FCTM harnesses intelligence, analytics, technology, investigation, information sharing, and public-private partnership to achieve this end, always seeking the most effective and efficient means. FCTM is also partnering with Financial Crime Compliance to build the case for a more efficient and effective regulatory approach by defining a potential new regulatory landscape based on practical, tested innovation and serving as a thought leader in the ongoing public debate on the future of regulatory compliance.
* The Product Management team ensures that essential systems and data are available to enable FCTM to conduct effective and efficient investigations and analytics. The team is proactive and future-looking, shaping financial crime technology and promoting its adoption across Compliance.
* The role requires close and productive working relationships with the IT development team and FCTM analysts, and skilled relationship management with both internal system owners and external data vendors. The role holder will be part of a small team, who are responsible for all activity across the multiple work streams of the FCTM Data Platforms team.
Knowledge and Experience:
* Experience managing an agile workflow
* Relationship management and persuading and influencing skills
* Highly motivated, entrepreneurial and autonomous
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Resourceful, creative and inquisitive approach to highly complex tasks
* Proven written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
* Understanding of data types and fluency in SQL is essential
* Able to design test execution across a small team of analysts/IT developers
* Experience with data transformation
* Experience with Big Data technologies - Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
* Experience with database performance, tuning and optimisation.
* Experience / knowledge of financial crime and reputational risk
* (Desirable) Programming / scripting experience with Python
* (Desirable) Experience with cloud technology & environments (GCP, AWS)
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000DGA8
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.