* Production and maintenance of the Configuration Plan to include strategy, policy and scope.
* Implementation of the Configuration Management Plan, running associated projects to ensure that Configuration Management and its process are effectively implemented.
* Perform awareness campaigns to achieve support for Configuration Management as it underpins the overall Service Management process.
* Control of the CMDB, ensuring that CI's are only added, modified, replaced or removed with appropriate controlling documentation, working closely with Change Management to ensure that this occurs.
* Produce regular management reports that show that status of the CMDB in terms of completeness, consistency and discrepancies identified.
* ITIL Certified
* 7 years minimum experience in a support function relevant to the role
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Configuration Management role
* Good communication skills (verbal and written)
* Excellent reasoning and influencing skills
* Ability to work closely with support groups, suppliers and customers
* Experience of implementing a Configuration Management function
* IT related Degree
Previous involvement with third party supplier