CA CIB UK
CA CIB UK
The eFX technology team is responsible for a suite of applications and services that form the core of the eFX business line servicing clients, internal Sales, and other branches of the group.
The suite includes connectivity to markets and multi-dealer venues, single dealer platform (JetStream), pricing and trader tools, and supports FX spot, forward, options and deposits.
The services are implemented in C# and Java with C# front-ends.
The FX business is looking to improve their electronic footprint through implementing low latency, competitive pricing and algorithmic hedging, and improved distribution capabilities.
As a Development Technical Lead in the eFX IT team you will be developing and maintaining primarily C# server side components which include pricing, order placement, deal execution, post trade, and external interfaces.
Your core attributes will include:
• Strong technical background with specific demonstrable skills in the following areas:
o C# /.NET 4.0+ and still using this on a daily basis
o Development and debugging of multi-threaded and low latency systems
o Performance profiling and optimisation
o Unit testing and mocking frameworks (NUnit, TypeMock Isolator, Moq, or equivalents)
o MS SQL server/T-SQL
• Strong software engineering skills: designing, building, unit-testing and supporting front office electronic trading systems (e.g.
• Experience in agile practices, formal software design methodologies and test-driven development
• Experience in providing technical leadership within small development teams
• Supplemental skills in C++ and/or Java advantageous
• Energetic self driven individual, adaptable as context determines, to take instruction and work autonomously
or to work collaboratively as part of a small team
• Work with the different development and support teams to deliver cutting edge applications that are stable, high-quality and low-latency.
• Work on server side primarily (and optionally GUI components) for pricing, deal execution, order management
• Technical improvements for low latency, caching, component decoupling and middleware.
• Provide improvements to the architecture, performance, configuration, testability and security of FX electronic trading platform
• Perform unit testing of code
• Provide 3rd level support (on a rota basis including out of hours).
• Participation on software releases which may be performed out of hours/weekends
• Participate in sprint planning and estimation and provide regular status updates to project managers
Management and reporting
• Perform assigned responsibilities in a professional manner, according to the Company's and Department's agreed policies and procedures
• Support the Business requirement to maintain services where necessary on a 7 by 24 basis.
• Provide timely reporting to management
• Participate in relocation projects, BCP tests, power-downs and externally imposed testing activities
Higher Education (Degree or equivalent) in computer science, maths, physics or engineering
Post-grad in advanced computing, mathematics or a statistical discipline