Role Title: Sourcing Manager
35 Hours per week
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Overall purpose of role:
* Sourcing is responsible for managing all external third party spend in order to optimise, balancing costs against service levels and risks for Barclays.
* The Sourcing Manager role reports into the Strategic Sourcing Director, or Sourcing Team Leader.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
* Working with the Category Leads and cross function teams to execute global sourcing strategies.
* Manage commercial negotiations with relevant suppliers and liaise with legal to ensure favourable commercial terms which mitigate business risk. Negotiations will be for all business units and geographies.
* Ensure accuracy of data and documentation recorded in key systems, ensure compliance and adherence to policy as evidenced by management assurance testing results
* Support key stakeholders globally with timely communication updates as well as clear expectations setting
* Develop issue and manage RFIs and RFPs as appropriate to find the best sourcing solution that meets business and commercial requirements.
* The jobholder will be interacting at senior level both internally and externally and must possess relevant interpersonal skills as well as ability to work independently with little direction or oversight.
* Barclays is a very fast paced, dynamic and highly motivated organisation, for this reason the customer base is very demanding so the role must be held by someone who is able to deal with pressure and works at pace. Quick turnaround time of projects is of utmost importance, and a key indicator of performance
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
* Quality technical sourcing as per policy following industry best practice
* Delivering sourcing projects as per SLA with stakeholders, managing overall turnaround time
* Excellent communication skills
* Taking initiative and solving problems
* Senior stakeholder management, setting realistic expectations and meeting them
* Collaboration with cross functional team
* Managing approval process for deals including writing quality deal memos
* Proven results negotiating in leading commercial negotiations with suppliers delivering tangible value for money and cost savings.
* Identifying and mitigating supplier risk in each transaction
* Accurate data and capturing all documentation required for each projectas evidenced by management assurance testing and data quality system reports
Project Management and execution
* Experience in sourcing and procurement with a reputable global firm
* Proven experience working with senior stakeholders.
* Practical training in a reputable blue chip or consulting approach to Strategic Sourcing and process design
* Financial services industry experience
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.