Risk Analytics - what we do:
* Protect Barclays from a volatile and weak external environment by managing risk appetite and mandate and scales at appropriate levels, and ensuring that activity across products and geographies takes into account external developments
* Streamline our risk approval and oversight processes by understanding our processes back to front, reducing delivery time and automating where possible
* Improve our controls through continued focus on model
Overall purpose of role:
* Leading a team of analysts, performing complex analyses of credit risk, specialising in scorecard development (principally for application but also for collections and limit / portfolio management), across UK Retail portfolios (Mortgages, Loans, Current Accounts and Small Business)
* Providing subject matter expertise and oversight in developing, delivering and maintaining application, collection and pricing model for Retail portfolios
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Key specific accountabilities.
* Model Development and Analytics responsibilities across the BUK division. Driving recommendations forward through internal governance and with external regulators.
* Manage the DMT (Data, Methods, Technology) initiative throughout RA and read several R&d activities.
* Contribute to building, shaping and developing a motivated and talented Decision Management team, capable of delivering analytics to the highest levels of expectation
* Influence change: Working with cross-functional stakeholders, driving value by developing innovative modelling and analytical solutions which improve the credit risk management / mitigation process of BUK, further ensuring the implementation and appropriate use of models in managing credit risk
* Development and evolution of modelling standards and validation frameworks across BUK and Barclaycard, and cross-cluster as appropriate
* Effective engagement and participation in governance committees (Model Review Committee, Group Models Committee, and others as appropriate) to demonstrate the outcomes and benefits of modelling and analytical solutions using presentation skills, technical acumen, and knowledge of the wider business environment. Seek approval for new models, enhancements to existing models, and ongoing use of previously approved models
* Awareness of the wider environment; have a good sense of business drivers affecting reserves and capital
* Establish a strong reputation and manage working relationship with key stakeholders
* Engage with the Regulator and other external bodies as appropriate
* Contribute to and participate in the Risk Academy training curriculum, and provide training for modellers within Risk Analytics and wider (as appropriate) on these topics
* Introduce best-in-class cutting edge techniques of modelling / segmentation through innovation
Risk and control objective
* Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards
Stakeholder management and leadership.
* Participation with stakeholders across the business in order to understand their issues, objectives and priorities; suggest and discuss potential solutions
* Help to communicate the results of the models developed or other analytics to business owners; help to drive business actions based on the results
* Help manage the trade-off between tactical and strategic to meet customer needs
Decision making and problem solving.
* Driving increases in value by developing innovative modelling and analytical solutions which improve the credit risk management / mitigation process of BUK, further ensuring the implementation and appropriate use of models for stress testing purposes
* Be pro-active in identifying and analysing the value of incremental information sources
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
* Extensive experience in aspects of Retail Risk management or Finance focusing on risk models, policy and tool development, budgeting, planning or other as appropriate
* Demonstrable ability to maintain good relationships cross functionally, using strong interpersonal communication skills and an ability to influence and drive forward change
* Strong analytical background, data driven, resilient, results orientated
* Strong understanding of retail banks products from marketing and policy perspective.
* Strong knowledge of SAS software and statistical model development methods
* Ability to manage and work with staff across multiple locations
* Preferred completion of a degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, operations research or related area or significant relevant experience