Job Title VP Project Management Office (PMO) Manager, Northampton
Location Radbroke/ Northampton
The Group has been working to create firm-wide global capabilities to enable us to deliver a seamless experience for our customers at all touch. There is a clear opportunity for increased consistency, consolidation and a more customer-centric approach in our branches, SkyBranches and Global Contact Centres; in particular those Contact Centres related to UK Community and Premier Banking, Mortgages, Cards in the UK, USA and Germany.
Responsible for managing the Project Management Office (PMO) of a major programme, project or portfolio to support the overall delivery of the desired outcomes and benefits in line with Barclay's governance requirements and best practice.
Key day to day responsibilities include but not limited to,
* Ensuring the various steering committees as well as the Accountable Executives have complete oversight on the programme progress and good understanding of all the risks and issues
* Setting the standards, process and timetable for regular status reporting
* Reviewing and challenging reports provided for adherence to standards, completeness and reasonableness
Governance and transparency
* Manage and co-ordinate Initiative governance structure, assisting the Initiative Manager in the preparation and co-ordination of materials
* Be the secretariat to key initiative meetings possible running key meetings such as the Steering Committee and Programme Board meetings
* Ensuring all Steering Committee papers, Programme Board agendas and communications to stakeholders are prepared to a high standard on a timely basis
Risk, Assumption, Issue and Dependency (RAIDs) management
* Ensuring all RAIDs are identified and addressed promptly and if necessary escalated on a timely basis
* Pro-actively maintain the initiative RAID log and assist initiative manager and work stream leads in the management and resolution of issues and risks
* Setting the resource management strategy, managing the demand and supply dynamic. Managing project resources, including potential to provide line management for members of the change team.
* Ensures Time Recording adhered to by initiative Resources
* Management of relationships with 3rd party resource agencies, internal / external
* Works with Initiative Manager to create and track Programme Budget including management and Reporting of initiative costs and budgets on timely basis
* Supporting delivery to time and budget with detailed tracking of actual costs and budget and also tracking and challenging the business budgets and actual costs
* Together with the Programme Manager, create and maintain initiative plans and work with initiative stakeholders to actively manage day to day activities and ensure delivery accountability is in place across the whole project.
Stakeholder Management and Communications
* Coordinate relationships with and between key stakeholders, during the design, management and implementation of business change
* Based on direction from the initiative manager, assist in the development and management of a communication strategy, preparing status reporting, providing visibility on status and transparency of risks and issues for multiple levels of stakeholders
* Assist the project team in conflict resolution, navigating barriers and political sensitivities
Execution Risk Standards
* Ensure adherence of the initiative to Execution Risk Governance Standards and the Change Delivery Control Standards, and ensure that the appropriate change management tools (e.g. Navigator, Agile Central) are up to date with current and accurate record of Project Status, RAIDS, Resource details etc.
* Manages and executes internal deep dives / audits of underperforming initiatives or work streams.
Logistics and other
* Manage arrangements around office moves, team events, off sites etc.
* Team provides administrative support to the Initiative Manager (e.g. scheduling of complex meetings, taking minutes for Programme Meetings)
* Formal external qualification/accreditation in project/Programme management methodology
* Experienced PMO with a demonstrable track record working on FO driven initiatives with cross functional delivery impact.
* Experience of delivering large scale transformation programmes in banking or financial organisation.
* Experience of working with Technology to deliver complex projects.
* Understanding and experience of managing end date driven change.
* Thorough knowledge of project management methodologies.
* Ability to execute quickly and effectively - strong influencing skills and ability to get things done in a complex matrix organisational structure.
* Ability to perform risk assessment of control issues and exercise judgement over escalation.
* Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, MS Project and Visio skills
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. Able to work with and present to senior stakeholders.
* Ability to deal with multiple stakeholders in different clusters, some of a more senior level to the candidate.
* Proven track record of providing strong leadership and direction.
* Experience of working across multiple business areas, functions and locations.
* Experience of managing direct reports through a matrix structure.
* A team player.
* Excellent people management skills.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.