Our primary purpose is to lead Barclays into the API Economy by executing an API first strategy. Working in a truly agile, co-located environment you will have the chance to display your work on the world stage, helping to build the Barclays API Store and creating Innovative products that will bring new revenue and exciting opportunities to Barclays, Fin-Techs and beyond.
To be accountable for solutioning/end to end design activities for projects across the end-to-end software development lifecycle within BUK and to support the lead architect within BUK in defining the strategy and roadmap for this particular domain.
20% Strategy Development
* Strategy and Plan: Under the guidance of the Lead Architects within BUK, develop elements of the technical strategy, roadmaps and vision that align to Board approved Purpose, Values, Risk Appetite and Policies and are consistent with wider BUK and Barclays Group standards.
80% Project Solutions Development
* Provide technical consultancy for new initiatives, to assist in the definition of business requirements or technical strategies.
* Own end to end technical and application architecture for allocated projects within BUK, identifying and engaging all technical component teams that need to contribute.
* Work closely with Lead Architects, programme managers and business analysts to understand and challenge requirements:
* Support project definition
* Refine business requirements in light of technical constraints and opportunities
* Ensure that end-to-end view is established and that all key requirements are captured. Support the definition of clear functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.)
* Understand technical constraints of live environment / architecture, support business clients in understanding any 'requirement versus cost' trade-offs.
* Design, document and communicate technical and integration solutions:
* Analyse project scoping statement, project requirements to help define a complete end to end solution, utilising capabilities available across BUK or in the wider market place
* Identify and develop innovative solution that will enhance the client experience and provide a cost effective solution for BUK
* Ensure project designs are compliant to architectures and standards by:
* Producing required governance artefacts as dictated by the TSBIA rating assigned to the project
* Working with the lead architects to evolve the architectures and standards, ensuring their effectiveness alongside advancing business, security and technology landscapes.
* Core Deliverables:
* Full & Partial Concept solutions/Viability Assessment
* Supporting Governance Artefacts
Expert in architecting solutions across disparate technologies to achieve the complex business objectives of multiple business areas:
* Breadth and depth of financial services business and applications knowledge.
* Subject matter expert in one or more technologies/functions used by the bank such as banking packages, CRM and Customer solutions, sales & origination etc.
* Has a history at thriving in an unstructured, ambiguous environment; adept at varying own styles to influence the optimum outcome.
* Has experience interfacing with several stakeholders and influencing their conflicting objectives in to a pragmatic solution and deliverable release schedule.
* Solution architect and enterprise architect training and certification, e.g. TOGAF, is desirable.
* Exposure to SOA (Service Orientated Architecture) design principles, service definition and web services implementation including exposure of API components to external consumers
* Competence in the execution of substantial IT delivery programmes from inception through to a successful result
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.