Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
Global Technology & Infrastructure Services is a central team that engineers, develops and supports IT infrastructure of the bank. Hosting services, Collaboration services and service management are building blocks of Infrastructure Services. It comprises of:
* IaaS (Infrastructure Services) that provisions and supports Unix, Mainframes and Storage infrastructure in the bank.
* PaaS(Platform as a Service) that provisions and supports database and application platforms on IaaS infrastructure.
* Core Datacentres that is a home to Barclays hardware - Server & Storage.
* Core Networks that provides network solution to the bank.
* EPS(Enterprise Production Services) which includes monitoring, scheduling, service management tools and Barclays command centre for managing incidents, changes and problems.
* To provide a global and regional elevated support offering covering all aspects of technology to C-level executives and their PAs across the group. This function has an incredibly demanding customer base, requiring an extraordinary level of commitment both when in and out of the office. We adhere to strict SLAs & are measured against KPIs.
The successful candidate will report directly to the function global head and will be required to deputise this role during periods of absence, managing a global team of 15. Additional responsibilities will include preparation of documentation for senior management including MI reporting and analysis.
* Deputise for global head during absence periods, managing a global team of 15
* Prepare management reporting documents including MI analysis
* Championing and maintaining exceptionally high standards of elevated support. Have a keen interest in technology.
* Responding in a highly proactive and timely manner to all incidents flagged
* Strong relationship management skills are key as the function acts as a central point of contact between the customer and other teams within technology
* Some international travel may be required.
* Perform daily, routine checks ensuring proactive steps are taken to remedy issues before the customer is aware.
* Attention to detail and integrity of data are an essential part of this process.
* Flexibility with working hours and shifts are essential
* Out of hours on call is required on a rotational basis
* Sound all-round IT knowledge, providing desk side 1st-3rd level technical and Application support.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
* Strong problem solving skills required to address business/customer issues quickly and efficiently.
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience supporting complex root cause analysis of corporate technology systems such as GMC, BES/BAS, and Active Directory.
* Strong experience of supporting senior C-level executives
* Team leadership experience essential
* Experience of producing MI reports and documentation for senior management
* Passionate about Customer service and relationship management.
* Experience of latest technology systems and devices, such as; Apple products and associated corporate Apps i.e. Good for Enterprise, Diligent Board books, Mobile Iron.
* Exceptionally Strong knowledge of Microsoft products in a large corporate environment. Especially Outlook and the Office suite.
* Practical hands on experience of Cisco Telephony, networking both corporate and consumer solutions.
* Understanding of Corporate Rich Media solutions. Crestron, AV, WebEx, Clearsea
* Home Solution Support. Ability to deal with home network technologies, broadband providers and vendors
* Strong Remote Access knowledge, VPN, Aventail, RSA, Java & Citrix
* Knowledge of Market Data products. Reuters & Bloomberg
* Understanding of VDI, VMwarevSphere
* IBM, Lenovo ThinkPad hardware solutions.
* HP & Canon printing technology.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.