Digital Researchers are key figures in service teams, working to generate the feedback and insight on user experience which will direct the strategy and delivery of Digital solutions. This will enable service teams to build a clear picture of their users and develop solutions that meet user expectations.
As a Digital Researcher you will be generating new and useful user insights which you'll need to translate into actionable intelligence on users. This will allow the Digital Product Manager and service manager to iteratively improve their service for users.
You should be experienced in using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence. You will need to be confident in explaining user needs to senior managers, and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team and the wider organisation. You will be experienced in business process analysis and redesign which will enable you to evolve ideas into pragmatic operational enhancements. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
The main responsibilities of the post are:
* Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of digital services for retail banking / credit processes
* Building up a deep knowledge of existing operational processes and channels so enhancements can be embedded effectively
* Leading the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
* Conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)
* Working with the Service Manager and Product Manager to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material
* Working closely with external designers and internal developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction / customer experience.You will have strong design skills and be able to work closely with designers on optimising the service.
* Designing, scripting and analysing ad-hoc quantitative surveys
* Managing ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
* Applying knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centered design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
* Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
* Managing day-to-day operations with a range of usability and market research agencies with accountability for schedules, value for money and deliverables
* Promoting user centered design principles and best practice within banking
* Maintain a view of emerging industry developments / trends on digital services to ensure the future strategy for the product developments are aligned with evolving developments