Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Global IT Infrastructure is responsible for running all aspects of Infrastructure for Schroders globally. We have representative support personnel in most global offices. The bulk of architecture & engineering happens in London, Singapore & New York. Historically the teams have been quite isolated, not considering themselves as one global team. This has now changed with the creation of a global Infrastructure strategy. Unified Comms is currently being rolled out globally across the organisation, creating an increased requirement for skilled engineering and skilled technical resources to manage the environment.
Overview of role
Microsoft Lync 2013 and Skype for Business provides Schroders Global core platform for the delivery of Unified Communications across the business, utilizing the full range of functionality including enterprise voice (telephony), conferencing, federation, video and persistent chat.
The UC engineering role will require highly motivated and skilled engineers that will be responsible for the engineering activity in support of this platform as well as day to day management of the operational support services for these technologies. The role will require working in a global team ensuring Schroders desktop standards are always maintained as well as providing technical expertise and guidance to remote teams.
Applicants should be have previously experience of working within environment where Lync / Skype for Business is fully deployed and used as the primary telephony platform within the organization. They should also have experience working in financial organizations or other industries with strict regulatory and or compliance requirements. Experience of integrating 3rd party voice recording, compliance and switchboard systems is desired as is experience with session border controllers, SIP/ISDN and traditional conferencing systems.
* In-depth knowledge of Lync 2013 and Skype for Business.
* In-depth knowledge of Lync 2013 and Skype for business Enterprise Topologies
* In-depth experience configuring and administering Lync 2013 and Skype for Business
* In-depth troubleshooting skills for Lync 2013 and Skype for Business
* Detailed knowledge of the Lync and Skype for business capabilities
* Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and Exchange Unified Messaging
* Good understanding of the wider Microsoft product stack including Office365
* Understanding of ITIL principles and an ability to apply them
* Knowledge of session border controllers (Sonus preferable), ISDN and SIP.
* Knowledge of Verba and Actiance compliance systems
* Knowledge of standards based Video conferencing solutions (Polycom DMA/RMX, group series, Acano, and Cisco)
* Knowledge of Lync enabled switchboard systems (Competella preferred)
* Own the day to day operation of UC systems globally.
* Operate in a global team to support the global UC estate
* Work closely with the Desktop, Wintel, Network Engineers, Project Managers and 3rd party support organisations in support of the global UC service.
* Provide technical engineering across the suite of Scroders UC products and in support of Schroders planned programs of change
* Review operational services of both in house and external providers to ensure standards are maintained
* Provide technical expertise in support of the day to day monitoring and tuning of the end to end infrastructure.
* Mentoring level 1 and 2 technical support staff and assisting them as required
* Engage with the wider Schroder support teams in the management and resolution of major incidents and problems.
* Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment.
* Background in financial services or similar regulated industry.
* The ability to create high quality documentation for colleagues and end users alike.
* Experienced supporting Lync 2013 and Skype for Business Enterprise Voice telephony preferable..
* Experienced in working on large complex UC programs of work preferable
* Experience of working with managed service providers and outsourcers.
* Experience managing support teams / services
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.