Job Title: UNIX Administrator
Location: Radbroke Hall, Knutsford
Infrastructure Services is a global team of approximately 4,300 colleagues based in EMEA, US, APAC and Africa. We are accountable for delivering and supporting resilient, secure infrastructure technology and services to customers, clients and colleagues.
The UNIX Support Team is responsible for the management and resolution of Incidents, Problems and Non-Project related Changes.
Please visit our website here for more information.
* The purpose of the role is to provide technical support to enable on-going management of the UNIX
environment and to provision new UNIX infrastructure to host new services.
* Ensure that all requests from users for assistance are handled promptly and effectively 24x7 (managed through on-call and standby arrangements). Is pro-active to ensure that users make effective use of the facilities available to them.
* Demonstrates commitment and ingenuity in expert application of available facilities to non-standard situations, diagnosing underlying causes of difficulties, and devising solutions or workarounds to ensure that the effect on service is minimised. Classifies and prioritises unresolved incidents. Initiates and co-ordinates investigations to discover root causes, and progresses the implementation of remedial action. Ensures that investigations are fully documented, to facilitate the optimum implementation of remedies.
* Ensures that existing problems and known errors in systems and services being brought into operation are understood and managed in the same way as those arising from operational incidents.
* Provides input into IT infrastructure sub-project plans and manage tasks to plan.
* Management of tasks and responsibilities to ensure the efficient running of the Supported Services and Project delivery.
* Proficient in Infrastructure Platforms - The implementation and management of infrastructure platforms or components that host specific business applications or services. Linux, AIX and Solaris.
* Proficient in Networking and Communications - The planning and management of the interaction between two or more networking systems, computers or other "intelligent" devices. Examples: Ethernet, TCP/IP and SSH.
* Proficient in Operating Systems - "System" software which controls activities such as input, output, dynamic resource allocation, and error reporting, within the operation of a computer configuration. Examples: Linux, Solaris and AIX
* Proficient in Operating Infrastructure - Knowledge of the ICT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks etc) used within own organisation.
* Principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of the testing process and the execution of tests throughout the Operations Acceptance cycle of application development or infrastructure enhancement projects. Examples: organisation standards for testing, planning & estimating, configuration management, incident management, test efficiency and effectiveness measurement.
* Knowledge of the Bank's products, services and policies and/or other specialist knowledge required to undertake the role.
About Our Client
Our client is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, they operate in over 40 countries and employ approximately 130,000 people. They move, lend, invest and protect money for customers and clients worldwide.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Values and Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at our client the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. They are an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of our client to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.