About GMO Delivery Management
GMO Delivery Management ensures that both the GMO change agenda is being driven from within and that we are responding and contributing to the banks strategic change agenda. We work across GMO to build business cases for change and take these through the internal sponsorship process. We perform impact assessments for change where GMO need to contribute. We define process change, operating model change and define governance models.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds
Overall purpose of role
* A CTB role involves transforming strategic ideas into change projects that can be planned, and monitored whilst being mindful of risk, budget and personal conduct.
* Specifically working to deliver the Flourish Clearing Inititatives across Markets Ops.
* Transform a strategic idea into a well designed change project that can be planned, organised and tracked.
* Prioritise and manage an extensive project portfolio and ensure consistent delivery under pressure.
* Demonstrate exceptional analytical skills.
* Break down a function, operating model or project into its constituent parts and build it back up better.
Ambassador for the firm's values demonstrating integrity and courage in their convictions.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
* Possess ability to define and articulate the strategic vision of global projects. Sets a clear agenda where teams and stakeholders understand their contribution to the future success of the organisation and are motivated to travel on the journey.
* Expert global project leader who cultivates a culture of collaboration where involvement and sharing are seen as essential for the achievement of shared objectives and agendas.
* Excellent communicator with flexibility to communicate effectively using the right medium across all levels of the function and build successful relationships with key stakeholders, SMEs and other functions.
* Highly resilient and resourceful, with a proven track record in engaging and influencing others to ensure global project tasks are delivered per committed timelines, whilst managing functional budget.
* Act as a catalyst for change and inspire confidence in stakeholders with the quality and conviction of their vision, building support and sponsorship at all levels and ensuring the need for change is embedded across the function.
* Excellent presentation skills and ability to simplify and condense a large number of complex moving parts into single impact statement.
* Builds trust through credible use of facts and data and possess ability to creatively resolve problems and issues at pace
* Ability to understand and absorb multiple priorities across and within functions and be able to prioritise to lead resolution of issues.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
* Demonstrate a structured, outcome-oriented approach, with the ability to anticipate and head off problems that could jeopardize the outcome of global projects.
* Ability to recognize when a project is challenged vs plan and if required be able to escalate and develop an effective remediation plan
* Ability to think outside of the box, provide quick solutions and resolve global project issues in a timely manner.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent
* Substantial financial services experience
* Strong understanding of the trade lifecycle, Operations processes and OTC Derivatives
* Proven ability to define processes, target operating models and workflow tools across the trade lifecycle include Trade Booking and Settlement.
* Preference for candidates with good knowledge of Central Clearing or SwapAgent