Purpose of the role:
The job holder will be part of the ITID DevOps programme team and will support the Programme Lead through coordination with the various ITID towers, Service Lines and DevOps Workstream Leads to ensure key activities to deliver technology and tooling stack and processes are defined, managed and maintained to ensure the successful delivery of the DevOps programme.
A Tools/Automation specialist as part of the team is expected to demonstrate strong technology thought leadership skills, a flexible approach to working hours and locations and would be required to travel regularly.
The job holder is expected to provide a diverse focus encompassing service delivery methods (ITIL), architectural design and delivery and strong understanding of technology in a DevOps organisation
The role holder will be required to undertake a variety of duties in conjunction with other programme and technology managers which will include:
* Technology Governance, ensuring relevant technology and process documentation is created and maintained. This includes (but is not limited to) Designs, topology diagrams, process flows and LDM/PDM.
* Agreeing technology/service and tooling scope with Service Lines, GB/GFs, ITID towers and other key stakeholders
* Facilitate technology and tooling changes to support ITID and Service Lines
* Responsible for directing ITID and service lines in use of effective tools, technology and processes to facilitate a DevOps Agile organisation
* Managing communications to key stakeholders and the wider technology team on progress and futures for tech/process
* Managing risk, dependencies, assumptions and change
CORE SKILLS/TECHNICAL REQUIREMENT
* Strong technology understanding across a wide range of IT disciplines
* Service Delivery and IT infrastructure concepts (very good - eg ITIL)
* Good interpersonal and influencing skills, required to facilitate and participate in meetings and workshops
* Excellent written communication skills
* Good understanding of Agile practices and techniques
* Strong Knowledge and experience of Agile and DevOps tooling and technology
* Experienced in automation process - critical to understand route to live, change, testing process
* Attention to detail
* Flexible (Adaptive to change)
* Goal oriented.
* Must have a good understanding of Agile/DevOps tools, technology and process transformation preferably in a financial organisation.