Engineering & development
Engineering & development
KPMG in the UK is a leading provider of professional services, including audit, tax and advisory specialisms - delivering integrated solutions to our clients' issues. In the UK, we have over 12,000 partners and staff working in more than 20 offices. Being part of a strong global network of member firms gives us a truly global mindset.
KPMG are currently looking for a Test Analyst to support a large Banking migration project in Gloucester. The Test Analyst roles will act as a lieutenant per area (Payments, Risk and Finance) and will need to be testing experts in their particular area.
Including but not limited to:
* Business Context and Knowledge: Uses broad business and divisional knowledge to consider the impact on other processes and additional testing needs. Understands the overall project or programme benefits and how the delivered solution impacts these. Works with business and IT to ensure that the system solutions fully meet business requirements. Uses conceptual knowledge to form recommendations Provides test input to requirements and design workshops.
* Analysis and Design: Defines and implements the overall test approach; works effectively with the IT contact to determine which types of testing (e.g.. non‐functional, UAT) are required and aligns the business and IT test phases. Ensures adequate requirement coverage and traceability between requirements and test scripts.
* Estimation and Planning: Applies different estimating methods to estimate timescales, effort and costs for the testing phases. Produces the overall test delivery plan defining the business test deliverable milestones, test tasks and activities. Determines whether automation tools can be utilised. Works with IT to ensure that the necessary environments and data are available and coordinated within the release schedule. Accountable for test resource planning within their delivery project.
* Execution: Manages a large testing capability, resources and testing process from project initiation to post implementation review and extended wellness. Monitors progress against the test deliverables plan, identifies slippage and develops strategies to recover. Owns and resolves issues around the technical solution delivered into the business test environment.
* Quality Control: Ensures that all test phases have appropriate entry / exit criteria and monitors achievement of these criteria. Obtains sign-off against these prior to Go Live. Implements a well‐structured approach to test defect management and incident reporting.
* Stakeholder Management: Builds strong relationships with all project stakeholders including business and IT to ensure a collaborative approach to testing. Maintains internal network to influence and support the delivery of projects and champions the Business Testing function.
* People & Self Development: Contributes to the development and performance of the wider testing community, including identifying opportunities for Colleagues in line with future skill and resourcing requirements and sharing best practice approaches.
* Risk: Continuously monitors projects for test-related risks and issues and regulatory compliance and takes appropriate steps to mitigate. Ensures effective issue escalation to senior management where there is a significant threat to delivery.