Purpose of the role:
The job holder will be part of the ITID DevOps programme team and will support the Programme Lead through coordination with the various ITID towers, Service Lines and DevOps Workstream Leads to ensure key activities to deliver technology and tooling stack, processes and people are defined, managed and maintained to ensure the successful delivery of the DevOps programme.
A Programme Manager as part of the senior team is expected to demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills, a flexible approach to working hours and locations and would be required to travel regularly.
The job holder is expected to provide a diverse focus encompassing project/programme management methodology, service delivery methods (ITIL), commercial and financial acuity and strong organisational and leadership skills.
The role holder will be required to undertake a variety of duties in conjunction with other programme managers which will include:
* Project Governance, ensuring relevant project documentation is created and maintained. This includes (but is not limited to) project plans, project briefs etc.
* Agreeing technology/service and tooling scope with Service Lines, GB/GFs, ITID towers and other key stakeholders
* Facilitate technology and tooling changes to support ITID and Service Lines
* Defining and tracking deliverables in line with baseline plan
* Responsible for maintaining budgetary best practice, ensuring we track actual spend against projected spend
* Managing communications to key stakeholders and the wider project/programme team
* Managing risk, dependencies, assumptions and change
CORE SKILLS/TECHNICAL REQUIREMENT
* Structured Project/Programme Management methodologies ( e.g. PRINCE 2/PMI)
* Finance management (excellent)
* Commercial and contractual negotiation (Excellent)
* Service Delivery and IT infrastructure concepts (very good - eg ITIL)
* Good interpersonal and influencing skills, required to facilitate and participate in meetings and workshops
* Excellent written communication skills
* Good understanding of Agile practices and techniques
* Knowledge and experience of Agile and DevOps tooling
* Strong knowledge of IT Infrastructure with excellent knowledge in either Telecoms, Data Centre operations or Enterprise Services (Cloud, storage etc)
* Attention to detail
* Flexible (Adaptive to change)
* Goal oriented.
* Must have a good understanding of Agile/DevOps transformation preferably in a financial organisation.