Technical MI Specialist - Glasgow - 12 Month Contract
Leading Investment Bank are looking to recruit a Technical MI Specialist on a 12 month contract.
The Technical MI Specialist will be part of the Reporting and Analytics team that interfaces directly with subject matter experts, business representatives, and technical teams to maintain and develop reporting dedicated to mitigating firm risk. The team is responsible for Technology Governance reporting globally and has team members in New York, London and Glasgow.
The Technical MI Specialist should be a self-starter, with excellent technical and business analysis skills. As well has having excellent communication and the ability to liaise and interact with individuals at all levels of the organisation. Delivering dashboards containing key risk indicators, including but not limited to:
* Engaging with stakeholders across multiple locations to manage the evolution of technology risk dashboards.
* Develop business and technical requirements
* Working across tactical and strategic tool changes, enhancing and fixing issues.
* Participate in work activities with a pool of developers and technologists to manage, maintain and enhance the existing data warehouse and UI.
* Experience of end-to-end QlikView lifecycle -designing, developing and deploying QlikView to best practice. (load script, QVD, SQL server databases)
* Good understanding of the Qlikview data modelling concepts
* Expertise in developing Qlikview scripts to extract and transform data from various databases involving large volume of data
* Background in developing complex dashboards
* Experience of liaising with risk users to gather business requirements and translating these specifications in to technical solutions
* Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
* Ability to switch context quickly and work on multiple streams of work concurrently
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Project experience delivering tools/data management solutions
* Working knowledge of Technology applications and infrastructure (e.g. Server, network, platform desktop environment) and how they are used in large organisations
* Strong data analysis skills with expert knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulae etc.)
* Experience of working in an Investment Banking environment would be preferred