Member of the facilities team within the EO&I Department of Visa Europe located in the Basingstoke. The role will involve working with the DC&O team and managing the outsourced service provider within the facilities team function at both the Basingstoke and Redhill data centres. Reporting to the EO&I facilities Expert the role is to take ownership of the operations of a key support function within the Visa EU business and to comply with departmental policy and strategy for the continuation and development of the core Visa EU business. If the role did not exist the support function would not meet the needs of the business and critical infrastructure supporting both data centre and head office functions would be at risk.
The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data centre operations. The role is responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the mission critical data centres.
The responsibilities within the role are to be accountable for maintaining a high reliability and performance while keeping operating costs in facilities at a minimum. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% uptime.
* Staff and subcontract Management - Manage the resources of the support function to achieve efficient utilisation of resource
* Operational Policy Compliance - Managing Standards of the operation functions to achieve consistent quality
* Operational Strategy Compliance - Manage direction of the support function to meet the needs of the core business
* Operational Service Level compliance - Manage third party suppliers to ensure service levels are maintained
* Audit Compliance - Manage support function to ensure systems processes comply to both internal and external audits
* Communication - Manage a reporting infrastructure to the Facilities Expert, the Business and the department to provide concise information to enable commercial decisions
* Financial Control - Manage expenditure to an agreed budget to achieve best value for money
* Ideally educated to a degree level in mechanical/electrical or industry qualifications
* Ideally the jobholder will have a minimum of five year's experience at facilities management level in a mission critical data centre environment or similar and demonstrate a deep understanding in this area
* Strong subject matter expertise and thought leadership in Mechanical/electrical function or operations
* Solid and proven experience in the operation of mission critical systems, including state-of-the-art electrical distribution systems, Chiller systems, static and rotary UPS, emergency standby generation, fire alarm/suppression and monitoring systems
* Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills, with demonstrated ability to determine event root causes, performance shortfalls and required corrective actions
* Knowledge of industry data centre standards, policies & methodologies both internal and external
* In depth commercial awareness and a strategic approach to contract and procurement management
* Ability to coach and develop others and capability to transform change
* Plan and prioritise operational activities to meet business needs (ie peak periods) deliver improved customer services through robust methodologies, measured SLAs and delivery to plan
* Has a strong aptitude for problem solving and trouble shooting
* The role requires Courtesy, Informational and Persuasion & Influencing skills to influence the decisions made by the Facilities Expert to achieve the best solution for the business and where necessary to persuade Visa employees to accept change, policy and process.