Radbroke, Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
A role within our BUK team has arisen for a Technical Architect. This role will focussed around developing cutting edge architecture for the banking packages, CRM and Customer solution applications. You should ideally have experience of producing highly technical designs with clear and decisive road maps and visions for the applications, in line with all the regular risk and governance assessments that you would expect to find within a bank.
* To develop elements of the technical strategy, roadmaps and vision for the application in line with the area that aligns to Board approved Purpose, Values, Risk Appetite and Policies and are consistent with wider BUK and Barclays Group standards
* To maintain effective relationships and deal openly with all key stakeholders, taking into account the needs of all stakeholders and influence decisions which, in the long term, are positive for customers and clients, shareholders, colleagues and the communities in which Barclays operate.
* Provide technical consultancy for new initiatives, to assist in the definition of business requirements or technical strategies.
* Work closely with the Personal Lead Architect and other architects, programme managers, lead engineers, business analysts & product to understand and challenge requirements:
* Support project definition
* Refine business requirements in light of technical constraints and opportunities
* Ensure that end-to-end view is established and that all key requirements are captured. Support the definition of clear functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.)
* Design, document and communicate technical and integration solutions:
* Analyse project scoping statement, project requirements to help define a complete end to end solution, utilising capabilities available across BUK or in the wider market place
* Identify and develop innovative solution that will enhance the client experience and provide a cost effective solution for BUK
* Real world architecture experience is essential with significant practical experience of defining enterprise wide technical solutions, documenting them and driving them to delivery
* Experience in complex card processing systems integration projects/programmes is a pre-requisite
* Able to exhibit deep technical leadership throughout the project life cycle
* Able to demonstrate previous evidence of drive, energy, commitment, and enthusiasm
* Experience in mainframe application development Cobol, DB2 CICS, Hogan systems
* Experience in banking applications and infrastructure, with an understanding of service management
* Solution architect and enterprise architect training and certification, e.g. TOGAF, is desirable.
* Exposure to SOA (Service Orientated Architecture) design principles, service definition and web services implementation including exposure of API components to external consumers
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now