Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Personal Banking Operations - Account Maintenance & ISA - Manchester
Operations team delivering management of exceptions to business critical processes whilst maximising customer satisfaction and overall operational performance.
Overall purpose of role:
* To lead a team of Agents to deliver effective, efficient and compliant resolution to complex exceptions to our customer journeys.
* Identifying opportunities to reduce exceptions by analysis and innovation.
* Exceptions managed by customer channel of choice, ie email, SMS, telephony, etc.
* Work collaboratively with centre colleagues and other areas across the Bank in order to maximise customer satisfaction and overall operational performance.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Key specific accountabilities.
* Use the Bank's current best practice guides and resources to effectively develop both self and colleagues, to further progress careers in Barclays.
* Optimise own and wider team performance using a mixture of automated tools and personal observation to ensure resource is used in the most effective and compliant way. Identify ways to remove paper and non-value added activities.
* Proactively work together with colleagues across all areas of the Bank to share ideas and best practice to improve all customer journeys. Support centre management and peers by proactively taking on additional responsibilities, helping to embed the collaborative culture needed for the Bank to be successful.
* Personally embrace and promote change. Inspire and motivate team members by fostering flexibility on a day to day basis, driving a culture of continuous improvement to meet the challenges faced by the Bank.
* Actively support and promote the Bank's stewardship agenda.
Stakeholder management and leadership.
* Lead and motivate the team, ensuring everyone understands what is expected of them through inspirational and varied communication methods. Continuously assess team performance, develop skills and knowledge of team members to ensure they are efficient, effective and compliant.
Decision making and problem solving.
* Resolving customer complaints and concerns received in line with current FCA guidelines, escalating as appropriate. Understanding root cause, completing analysis and identifying ways to prevent reoccurrence.
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
* Proven experience in a range of operational and customer service roles.
* Experience of leading a team or achieving results through others using established coaching and training techniques.
* Actively seek feedback on own performance from others and take action to develop and improve own capabilities accordingly.
* Have a robust and stretching development plan.
* Expected to seek out and utilise an Operations Manager to act as a mentor to develop skills and knowledge.
* High level of competency in English and Mathematics.
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.