Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays' purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions - in the right way.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Overall purpose of role
The HR Process & Op Model team have been commissioned by the broader HR function to develop a revised process framework which underpins the execution of Structural Reform across the organisation. Work will include:
* Creation of a HR Process Framework with clearly defined business outcomes
* Establishing a Target Operating Model which underpins process execution in a SRP landscape
* Identification and execution of process improvements
* Identification and Implementation of core process controls
* Implementation of process modelling tool
Working with HR Exco Process Owners the team will initially prioritise processes with a direct impact on the implementation of SRP and seek to establish measureable outcomes which are clearly recognised by the broader Barclays business.
* Supports the development of the revised Process Target Operating Model
* Key contributor in the development of the Target Operating Model enabling SRP execution and business as usual in a SRP landscape.
* Champion colleague-centric design at all times throughout project lifecycle.
* Identify, understand and track business outcomes, legal and regulatory control points throughout the process.
* Actively participate in the innovation process to collaboratively design propositions, starting with, basic prototypes and then through the agile delivery processes to ensure our colleagues are able to operate effectively within the redesigned processes.
* Support and identify operating model, process and policy simplification and standardisation opportunities where required.
* Collaborate with HR Services colleagues to redefine HR Services model and associated HR Services technologies.
* Support a broad range of relationships across the project and into the broader Barclays organisation, communicating effectively and influencing appropriately to achieve project objectives.
* Supporting both the Operating Model Lead and other Process Leads with other HR project and design activity where required.
Design and Delivery (80%)
* Support the Operating Model Lead in Target Operating Model design for HR Transformation, alongside broader SRP Process Transformation activities.
* Partner with HR and business stakeholders in creating Operating Model which enables the successful implementation of SRP and ongoing HR outcome delivery.
* Key contributor in the establishment of Target Operating Model governance principles to be embedded in SRP process designs.
* Support definition of Target State Model inclusive of roles and allocation of RACI.
* Identify changes required to successfully enable roles identified within target operating model.
* Engage nominated business and HR function SMEs in the execution of global and regional design workshops facilitating the capture of Barclays specific requirements in parallel to local regulatory impacts.
* Design, develop and deliver through integrated teams ongoing customer experience improvements as well as innovations which provide Barclays with sources of significant differentiation and competitive advantage.
* Champion process improvement, analysis and business process management functions - either as standalone projects or as part of wider programmes of change.
* Support the deployment of Target Operating Model to all Barclays functions and geographies.
Relationship Building & Team Working (20%)
* Develop relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across the Barclays Programme team and beyond to ensure development and delivery of consistently great customer experiences.
* Support the design and establish HR Process & Op Model engagement framework.
* Contribute to the development of a high performance culture within the HR Transformation Team, which positions Barclays as the Employer of Choice.
* Understand, own and role model Barclays values, help to create an environment that supports these and enables team members to achieve their maximum potential.
* Pursue own development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development.
Skills / Competencies
* Sound knowledge of HR organisation.
* Speed of execution - the ability to act decisively, use sound judgment and move projects and the business with pace.
* Strong focus and attention to detail.
* Effective interpersonal and Influencing skills with an ability to operate with a broad range of HR and business stakeholders.
* Strong presentation and negotiation skills with the ability to bring a dry subject matter to life in terms that the business relate to.
Additional critical qualities:
* Must be credible to HR and key business stakeholders.
* Experience of Operating Model design
* Experience of Agile delivery.
* Understanding of Lean and associated execution principles.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards