Deutsche Bank AG
★★★★★ 2 Reviews
Job Title: Structured Finance Lawyer
Corporate Title: Vice President
You'll be responsible for providing robust legal risk advice on all aspects of transactions from design to completion.
This will also include support for new projects run by the Legal Department or in which the Legal Department is otherwise involved (e.g. work on new regulatory initiatives or in relation to changes in the wider legal or political landscape) and might include occasional involvement in litigation and/or regulatory enforcement work that relates to the business areas covered by the team.
You'll work closely with the legal team supporting the Emerging Markets Derivatives business and there may be opportunities for the successful candidate to get involved with emerging markets related work.
* Working with traders, structures, other control functions and counterparties on new and existing transactions
* Engaging and supervising external counsel
* Reviewing transaction documentation
* Using legal knowledge and commercial understanding to assess transactions from all relevant perspectives (regulatory, legal, reputational and economic) to help ensure that deals are done in the way most likely to minimise the risks for the bank
Skills & Qualifications:
* Superior technical legal skills and a strong academic record
* Proven PQE at a leading United Kingdom or international law firm
* Clear commercial focus
* A willingness to tackle new products and issues outside previous experience
* Excellent and adaptable communications skills;
* Experience of regulatory issues currently impacting relevant businesses
* Significant experience of financing and derivative documentation
* Excellent relationship management skills
* A proven Solicitor (or international equivalent)
* A collegiate team player
* Highly organised and capable of handling a diverse and heavy workload
* Eager to develop institutional knowledge
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.