At Prudential we're absolutely focused on getting the best outcomes for customers. Ours is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and we lead the market in a number of pension products
Working with Prudential as a Storage and Data Management Manager means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation, a remarkable history and exciting plans for the future. If you're inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals
* Leading the Storage and Data Management Team. Responsible for resource management and Performance Management activities for staff.
* 3rd line support of storage and backup infrastructure for all technologies supported by the team.
* Providing an excellent service for customers through meeting or exceeding service delivery commitments at the lowest possible cost.
* Continually seeking process improvements and managing the change associated with these improvements.
* Deliver strategic change on the storage and backup platforms in line with agreed plans.
* Developing and implementing ways of eliminating service outages and incidents and adding value to customers.
* Leading, managing and developing a team of people. .
* Building and managing effective relationships and 2-way communication channels with customers, other functions and 3rd party suppliers.
* Work with the Management team in to ensure maximum utilisation of combined resources and reduction of existing cost base.
* Ensure all expenditure commitments are fully authorised and controlled. Drive and deliver cost management initiatives.
* Knowledge of IT infrastructures and architectures and specialist knowledge in some or all of the core technologies supported by the team. Including:
* IBM Spectrum Virtualise
* IBM Spectrum Protect
* NetApp FAS
* Exposure to budget control and management
* Proven record of service delivery in a large, complex, fast-paced environment
* Excellent customer relationship management skills
* Proven 3rd party supplier and commercial management skills
* Broad knowledge of the financial services sector