Role: Sourcing Manager -AVP
Very Competitive Salary and Benefits package
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Global Sourcing and Supplier Management (GSSM)
GSSM operates within Operations and Technology and is responsible for working in partnership with Business Units and suppliers to deliver innovative solutions for Barclays, balancing costs against service levels and risks, enabling Barclays to achieve its ambition of becoming the bank of choice. GSSM is responsible for:
Overall purpose of role:
* Manage commercial negotiations with third parties and liaise with legal to ensure favourable commercial terms which mitigate business risk. Scope of negotiations will include all Barclays businesses and geographies.
* Support Team Leaders and Category Managers with the day to day management of key stakeholders and executing deals according to policy and agreed timelines.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
This section should include:
* Key specific accountabilities.
* Work with the Team Leaders, Category Managers and key Business Users to optimise supplier costs whilst enabling the business to maintain appropriate service levels and minimise risk.
* Lead commercial negotiations with relevant suppliers to ensure Barclays receive best value for money and associated cost savings.
* Develop issue and manage RFIs and RFPs as appropriate to find the best sourcing solution that meets business and commercial requirements.
* Liaise with legal for the negotiation of large agreements to ensure favourable commercial terms. Mitigation of business risk and robust ongoing SLA There is a genuine global dimension to the remit as well as substantial autonomy and responsibility. The jobholder will be interacting at senior level both internally and externally and must possess relevant interpersonal skills.
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
* Essential: University Degree & extensive sourcing experience
* Preferred: Post-Graduate Degree, CIPS, relevant industry certification
* Senior stakeholder management skills
* Excellent Communication skills
* Sourcing and supplier management process skills
* Global multi-national company experience
* Project Management and execution
* Analytical mind-set - leave no stone unturned
* Solution oriented, strives to meet or exceed stakeholder expectations
* Confident team player who takes ownership and leads by example
* Pragmatic results driven / execution and delivery focused
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written (including PowerPoint)
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.