Solution Architect required by Banking client in London on a long-term contract basis.
My client are starting a major programme to replace their existing Loan system and are looking for a Solution Architect to help guide them through this process, from RFP to delivery.
This is a key project for the Bank and a great opportunity to take a project from the very start and see it through to delivery.
* Work with business stakeholders, BAs and other architects to ensure alignment of IT & business
* Understand the existing system landscape and constraints
* Use domain experience to guide and advise on best practices from a business and IT perspective
* Define new architectural solutions as required within the context of the enterprise IT strategy
* Provide impact assessments of proposed solutions on other components and advise on the optimal transition architectures
* Prepare inputs for RFIs and RFPs, assess vendor responses and evaluate and de-risk new technologies
* Financial Services experience (ideally in a Bank)
* Knowledge of key architectural principles e.g. n-tier architecture, MVC, design for security, availability, scalability & performance
* UML modelling using architectural modelling tools
* Web services and APIs (SOAP/REST)
* Experience of transitioning from legacy systems to new platforms
* Have previously replaced a Loan system in a Financial Services firm
Duration: 6 months + (2 year project)
If you are interested in this Solution Architect position and meet the above requirements please apply immediately.