PS3 Software Test Engineer
This an exciting opportunity to join Visa Inc. a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 14,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The position is for a Software Test Engineer with proven technical skills to work within the dynamic area of Visa Network Processing Services. The role is based within the UK CAS Network Processing Test team located in Reading Berks - some occasional travel to Basingstoke/Paddington is required
The successful applicant will be responsible for the testing and documentation of new complex and amended information systems, including investigation and resolution of issues relating to production services/applications and associated maintenance procedures. Proactively maintaining their understanding and awareness of relevant technology trends and techniques, and seek to constantly broaden knowledge with continuing education, participation in professional associations, and attendance at conferences.
* Analysis & testing in accordance with agreed standards.
* Application support to ensure timely resolution of issues.
* Document all work undertaken in accordance with agreed standards.
* Building and maintaining relationships within the team to ensure cohesive and efficient delivery.
* Ensure conformance to the SDLC methodology and quality developed by the Network Processing Services.
* Experience with structured analysis, object-oriented analysis and distributed systems and/or client server desirable.
* Ability to work effectively on multiple concurrent assignments with both technical and business staff.
* Flexibility, self-motivated, high work standards, attention to detail, ability to perform as an individual contributor or as a member or leader of a team.
* Excellent written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
* Educated to degree level or equivalent (preferably in an I.T. business related or analytical subject).
* Preferable experience of testing techniques
* Preferable experience of working in Waterfall/Agile methodologies.
* Strong analysis skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Be able to work under own initiative with limited guidance from their team lead
* Ability to provide accurate and timely management information to project managers and all other interested parties.
* Good team player and builder of relationships
* Experience of testing on large, multithreaded, distributed, real-time and high availability transaction processing systems
* Experience in Continuous Integration and Automation
* Business knowledge of Bank Card Processing or Clearing & Settlement principles