Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Job Title Senior Designer
As a key part of our Online Banking Team we are looking for a strong solutions driven software designer to drive our design documentation strategy across our Online Banking Platform. Taking the lead in a team of 8 you will be responsible for owning systems design and documentation standards and decisions in this key business area.
* Ownership of documentation standards across the platform along with governance process to ensure its being adhered to by the team.
* Provide technical consultancy for new initiatives, to assist in the definition of business solutions or technical strategies.
* Liaise with business clients to help shape initial ideas into firm system requirements, ensuring that they are sufficiently comprehensive and detailed to support effective system development.
* Present complex technical ideas (both written and verbal), anticipate potential objections and persuade others to adopt the most appropriate view.
* Establish an end-to-end view and capture all key system requirements. Establish clear functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.).
* Ensure that all requirements are 'testable' and support testing team by reviewing test strategies and scenarios.
* Understand technical constraints of live environment / architecture, support business clients in understanding any 'requirement versus cost' trade-offs.
* Produce system technical designs, engaging, directing and collaborating with other internal and supplier teams as required.
* Maintain system designs, ensuring quality and integrity throughout the various phases of the software development lifecycle.
* Undertake impact assessment of change requests against applications / products within domain.
* Review supplier and junior team member deliverables ensuring that they meet the necessary standards and contractual agreements.
* Responsible for interacting with staff at all level across the Business and IT functions
* Strong level of experience with document repositories such as Confluence or other Wiki tools
* Has defined standards, principles and templates for wider team to adhere to
* End-to-end software development lifecycle and methodologies e.g. Waterfall, Agile
* Awareness of leading-edge tools, techniques and services within IT
* Strong level of experience of IT software design and development
* Strong level of experience of requirements analysis and functional design.
* Design and implementation experience in some or all of:
* API's specifically REST API
* Good level of experience of system consolidation and migration
* Financial services
* BSc degree in relevant software engineering discipline, equivalent to UK 2nd class honours
* British Computer Society accreditation
* Formal qualification in area of specialism e.g. Java Certification.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by