Job Title: Software Engineer (iOS /Android/IVR/ MCA's/Java/Test Automation/Adobe Experience Manager)
Primary Location: Radbroke Park, Knutsford, Cheshire.
Fantastic Salary and benefits package
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Please visit our website here for more information.
Our mandate is to drive digital simplification and mass automation for our customers & colleagues, enabled by a relentless commitment to a number of key priorities: simplify our technology estate, optimize the way we work, automate customer and colleague journeys, standardize and automate our controls and drive the digital strategy. This focus is underpinned by two fundamental principles: protect our service; and inspire, empower, develop and reward our people. Our technology platforms support a wide range of services, including Transactional Products, Savings, Loans, Mortgages, Investments, FX, Cash and Transactions, Trade & Working Capital, Debt and Payments.
Overall purpose of role
· To contribute to the software development for one or more applications / products across the detailed design, build and unit test phases of the lifecycle.
· To maintain a technical understanding of a component or sub-component within an application / product, providing support for technical queries, live incidents and problems.
· To ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the applications / products is maintained across their lifetime, contributing to the development of any technical changes being proposed.
· To build knowledge of how technical strategies are defined to provide business solutions
Technical Consultancy (5%)
· Review Technical Feasibility Studies (TFS) for projects that impact applications / products within domain, and assess potential impact.
· Review Advice and Guidance (A&G) documents and project Plan and Estimates (P&Es) that impact applications / products within domain, and assess potential impact.
· Maintaining an in-depth understanding of relevant and up to date technical knowledge, applications and techniques
· Using technical knowledge to create new opportunities and solutions
· End-to-end software development lifecycle
· Software development methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile
· Awareness of leading-edge tools, techniques and services within IT
· Software development consisting of some of the following languages and technologies:
* Adobe Experience Manager
* Base 24
* Test Automation
· Strong level of experience of IT software development (essential)
· Financial services (preferred)
· Large-scale blue-chip organisations such as Barclays (preferred)
· Broad knowledge of Barclays Group (beneficial)
* Educational qualification
· BSc degree in relevant software engineering discipline, equivalent to UK 2nd class honors (preferred).
· Formal qualification in area of specialism, e.g. Sun Java certification (beneficial)
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.