Job Title: Service Operations Engineer
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Barclaycard Business Solutions
Barclaycard Business Solutions is a portfolio of B2B2C (business to business to consumer) businesses including merchant acquiring, commercial payments, offers and point-of-sale (POS) finance.
Making our clients more successful is at the heart of what we do. We are unique. We are the only business in the UK which can make and take payments, putting us in a unique position to offer a broader choice of payment solutions and products to our B2B customers.
Our focus is on making clients more successful by allowing them to always make the sale, help them pay and to help them to promote and sell.
The Service Operations Engineer plays a vital role in implementation and monitoring of The Logic Group's services, taking proactive action to prevent service issues and to minimise impact when they occur.
Monitor all standard and non-standard systems to ensure all systems are performing according to service specifications and service level agreements.
Manage and prioritise a list of daily service tasks
Proactively manage client data to facilitate the prompt resolution of client service requests
Effective implementation of approved change requests to hosted services and responsible for the accurate and timely recording of such changes on the applicable system(s)
Resolution of service incidents in line with The Logic Group's incident & change management process.
Knowledge and Skill:
* Proficient using the command line in both windows and Linux.
* Methodical approach to planning and understanding the risks of any actions taken.
* An in depth knowledge of the payment services supported, the monitoring tools used and processes used to manage our solutions.
* Knowledge of the payments industry preferred but not essential.
* A self-motivated individual but also an excellent team player but with ability to work with little or no supervision.
* Excellent time management skills
* Ability to multi task. Each team member will have multiple tasks to deliver on a daily basis
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with colleagues and clients at all levels. This is required during incident resolution, project implementation or major service maintenance.
* Proactive in seeking ways to improving working methods, tools, scripts or processes.
* Proactive status updates to colleagues and team leaders on critical project delivery.
* Able to make confident and quick decisions under pressure without supervision to ensure service availability is maintained at all times.
* Decisions such as when to switch a client to our secondary data centre
* When to escalate a possible event as a major incident
* Preventative action in a business critical service to avoid a major incident
* Prioritising between two critical tasks both of which could have an impact on the service or client deadline if action is not swift
* Excellent problem solving skills to play a critical role in major incident resolution, settlement data recovery and project hurdles.
* Knowing when to escalate to on call infrastructure or 3rd party supplier engineers in good time to avoid unnecessary delays during event or incident management
* Educated to A Level standard or equivalent is essential
* Experience within a Managed Services environment within the IT industry
* Experience of conducting technical analysis and troubleshooting within a technical environment
* High level of computer literacy
* Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal with a professional telephone manner
* Comfortable liaising with clients and colleagues at all levels both internally and externally
* Proven ability to handle multiple and concurrent tasks and issues
* Experience of operating in a Linux/Windows environment
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.