Senior PMO/ Programme Lead
* To lead the governance and management of the HR Transformation portfolio
* Work with senior stakeholders (including HRD, COO, CIO) to continuously prioritise and plan portfolio demand within given portfolio constraints
* Manage specific business and stakeholder relationships in relation to the Portfolio of initiatives. Work with key stakeholders on a daily basis, to initiate, deliver and manage end to end delivery of multi-million pound projects.
* Establish the strategy for how change is governed and controlled within the Portfolio, consistent with the Group Policy and Standard.
* Work with senior members of the HR Transformation team and other senior stakeholders (including HRD, COO, CIO, Business Managers)
* Partner with Business Management colleagues to ensure resources (capacity and capability) are maximised,
* Overall management control and delivery of business and change projects.
* Directly accountable for leading the successful delivery of business aligned Portfolio of projects to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards
* Directly accountable for leading the Portfolio team, as well as providing leadership, engagement and direction to the broader PMO community.
* Influences the Execution Risk Governance Office, challenging their direction in relation to Policies, Standards, tools, processes and accountabilities.
* Directly accountable for leading Portfolio governance and leading the Portfolio Mission Critical Forum on behalf of senior leaders.
* Be seen as a leader in respect of the change portfolio, proactively driving a strategy to improve the delivery of change, collaborating with peers from other BUs across the Group and continuously improving Change Delivery and control.
* Directly manages a Portfolio team of 5-20 people at VP or AVP level, many of whom are Managers of others
* Influencing/networking - strong stakeholder management, influence and negotiation skills to Executive level (CEO, CIO, COO, Business Managers and Accountable Executives of major programmes).
* Leadership - ability to manage and develop teams both with a direct and indirect reporting line
* Extensive and high profile Portfolio/Programme management experience
* Strong track record of managing large complex business and technical Programmes/Portfolios of strategic significance via third party suppliers
* Strong Programme/Portfolio mobilisation / initiation / planning experience in addition to management of established Programmes/Portfolios
* Exceptional leadership skills with evidence of managing large teams across a range of disciplines and locations
* Demonstrable record of managing multi million pound Portfolio budgets effectively, and delivering within budgetary constraints
* Fully up to date with developments in individual area of expertise and will be expected to keep abreast of emerging technologies and potential for application within the Bank.
* A track recording demonstrating the ability to understand and work with complex IT Architecture and ensure IT products and services comply with the IT and Business strategies.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
* Has operated in roles facing off directly to the direct reports of Chief Operating Officer / Chief Information Officer or equivalent executive levels - a track record of successfully managing stakeholder relationships at this level is definitely preferred
* Financial services industry experience
* Ability to manage and deliver Portfolio/Programme scope in a business that is undergoing a high degree of organisational and strategic change.
* Broad knowledge in specific area/areas of the Banks products, services and policies in order to plan operations and strategies.
* Formal external qualification/accreditation to Agile, Prince II or PMI methodologies
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.