Knowledge and Experience
* Common law qualified lawyer.
* Admitted to practise in England and Wales
Required skills and experience
* Experience gained at a major national or internationally recognised law firm, plus in-house legal experience with a financial institution strongly preferred.
* Strong research, writing and drafting skills. Ability to prepare clear, concise and complete documents, reports, correspondence and other communications on legal issues.
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
* Proven experience in balancing legal risks with commercial needs.
* Ability to manage competing priorities effectively.
* Ability to analyse the impact of the law on new products and services.
* Proactive and solutions driven team player who is at ease liaising with internal stakeholders of varying seniority.
* Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to drive results in a collaborative environment.
* Attention to detail and excellent legal research and analysis skills, with demonstrable ability to apply these skills to produce pragmatic solutions.
* Extensive knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to the financial industry.
* Knowledge and experience of banking transactions (including secured or unsecured lending, bilateral or syndicated lending, cross-border elements)
* Knowledge and experience of one or more of the following areas of law: company, commercial, data protection, disputes, employment and financial services regulatory.
* Extensive knowledge of ABN AMRO, its markets, clients and processes, and the financial industry.
* Extensive knowledge of the majority of ABN AMRO products and specialised knowledge on specific ABN AMRO products and of the majority of topics in field of expertise.
* Knowledge of UCP 600 / ISP 98