Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Location: City of London
At Schroders, asset management is our business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value.
We have responsibility for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/US$543.3 billion) on behalf of Institutional and retail investor s, financial institutions and high net worth client s from around the world, invested in a broad range of asset classes across equities, fixed income, multi- asset and alternatives.
We employ over 4100 talented people worldwide operating from 41 offices in 27 different countries across Europe, the America s, Asia and the Middle East, close to the market s in which we invest and close to our clients
Schroders has developed under stable owner ship for over 200 years and long- term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
The business management function is responsible for vendor management, ePMO and delivery, governance, financial control, and strategy oversight. The function also provides data insights, trending and analytics by merging, enriching and delivering strategic data in an easy to digest digital format.
Overview of role
This is a senior Developer role within the Business Management Dashboard (BMD) team, which focuses on management information and increasing effectiveness across Schroders. This role is specifically for an experienced software engineer to work on a responsive web application that brings together all aspects of the Schroder business.
The BMD takes data from across the group and makes it easily digestible by senior management through a combination of highly visual components. Demand for the dashboard platform has increased significantly over the past year and needs to be evolved in order to keep up with the exponential growth.
The tech stack is primarily centred around an Angular front-end, REST API and MSSQL 2017 back end, with the team having been given significant flexibility in how they solve technical challenges. As such, additional project such as D3.js, React, ngrx and others have been used to improve the overall user experience.
* Interpretation of business requirements into innovative technical solutions.
* Working within the business management dashboard team to provide development and architectural expertise.
* Evaluating and selecting solutions to complex business requirements, providing suitable recommendations to management.
* Leading on technical architecture and system design
* Solid experience of Angular (v2+) and AngularJS development in a commercial environment
* Experience with C#.NET 7.2 and ASP.NET Web API 2
* Experience SQL Server 2012 / 2016
* Solid knowledge and experience of Object-Oriented principles and design patterns
* Experience of working on responsive projects
* LESS / SASS
* Reactive programming, RxJS, Redux / ngrx / store
* Experience with GIT for source control
* Experience of Test Driven Development beneficial
* Experience with DevOps - Team city & Octopus advantageous
* Knowledge of automated task workflows (webPack / gulp / grunt)
* Experience of UI development working closely with end users
* Code evangelist with excellent understanding of software development and engineering best practice
* Experience developing commercial web applications in a production environment
* Ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
* Experience of Agile delivery and engineering practises
* Flexible and adaptable while at the same time maintaining focus and a drive to deliver.
* Good problem solving skills, able to demonstrate initiative as well as logical, structured thought processes.
* Strong communication skills - written, pictorial, presentational, verbal - at all levels within the organisation.
* Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others.
* Comfortable working independently, but a good collaborator.
* A technical minded person with a desire to keep abreast of technological, regulatory and other environmental changes impacting financial services.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.