The Senior Business Standards Manager is responsible for directly leading and managing delivery in the following areas of the FCC agenda:
* AML, Sanctions and AB&C.
* Secretariat for the Group Insurance Financial Crime Forum.
* All Financial Crime components within the Insurance Customer Lifecycle
* Embedding the Financial Crime agenda by driving cultural changeSpecific accountabilities of the role are as follows:
* Embedding Financial Crime Risk Management within Insurance Businesses;
* Set strategic direction for the Financial Crime standards globally.
* Develop Financial Crime Risk Maturity Assessment capability for Insurance & roll out across all Manufacturing markets
* Ensure consistent operational planning, analysis and reporting across the Insurance business2. The Group Insurance FCC Forum;
* Secretariat for Global Financial Crime Forum
* Co-ordination of Insurance Financial Crime agenda through all applicable HSBC meetings
* Engage & actively participate in Insurance country FCC Forums 3. Sanctions, AML and AB&C related policy changes;
* Embedding policy changes in the Insurance entities
* Ensure coordination and consistent execution across the Insurance business.4. Financial Crime related management information and key risk indicators;
* Provide oversight of FCC Risks to Senior Management
* Collaborate with all Lines of Business, Insurance Business Services teams to ensure full oversight of Financial Crime Services are robust & policies and guidance are adhered to.
* Ensure measures are developed, implemented and effective across Insurance Operations
Establish, benchmark and monitor performance for Insurance globally
Knowledge and expereince requred:
* Significant Financial Crime Risk Management experience.
* Educated to degree level in Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, Technology or related field
* Track record of operational excellence and change execution
* Proven ability to analyse situations and solve operational problems
* Experience of working in a complex financial services organisation.
* Experience of managing Audit or Internal Control teams
* Demonstrable insurance business knowledge
* Able to plan, track and control operational activities
* Understanding of HSBC strategy, organisation, systems and processes
* Knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
* Drive and motivation to ensure delivery in a challenging environment
* Strong leadership and motivational skills
* Track record of positive interactions with Senior Executives across the business
* Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely in the language of the business
* Relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills
* Ability to communicate effectively and confidently across cultures and at all levels of the organisation