Deutsche Bank AG
★★★★★ 2 Reviews
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Data Engineering
Corporate Title: Vice President
You will be joining the Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) research and analytics technology team, which is embarking on a journey to re-define its technology architecture. The team will be providing predictions on company performance that are based on non-economic data. For example, assessing and predicting the stock price, company revenue/growth based on market conditions, environment impacts, social impacts, governance/regulatory impact and retail behaviour.
* Taking responsibility for creating the data engineering platforms with in research and analytics domain, by way of formulating the right data engineering solutions, including data ingestion frameworks and tooling (i.e. data wrangling, data discovery tools), data storage solutions
* Adopting polygot persistence mechanism for storing disparate data types, including tabular/relational, object, semi and unstructured data, documents, tree structures/Geo spatial data and data access frameworks/solutions
* Owning and delivering the data solutions to the research/analytics business that would cover analytics, machine learning, and deep learning data requirements
* Engaging with internal central data platform providers, such as secure data late, Hadoop managed services and approved external providers that may include Cloud providers (Google, AWS etc.) to create and select the correct data engineering solutions
* Engaging with business, operations and IT functions to understand business and data requirements
* Recruiting and mentoring current teams
Skills & Qualifications:
* Development and design expertise in engineering scalable and user friendly, component based UI apps (using technologies like Angular, React, HTML5, Python web UI frameworks and Node JS)
* Substantial experience in usability design, visualisation tooling, dynamic graphing, charting apps and tooling
* Sound knowledge of application design/Architecture patterns (in UI layer MVC, MVP patterns, single sign on, security protocols and entitlements management approaches would be particularly beneficial)
* Practical experience in REST and services-based integration
* Practical experience of working in Agile teams, adopting agile tooling and working in Agile delivery
* Proven ability to deliver production scale applications that focus on meeting capacity, resilience, availability, manageability and architecture/non-functional characteristics
* In-depth knowledge of cloud/container-based application development, deployment and management, including how to design scalable, secure web applications
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.