Senior Data Modeller
Radbroke, Barclays Technology Campus. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
A Senior Data Modeller role is now available within Barclays. This role will be situated within a team of 20 people across the globe and will be the person to bring the Data Architect designs to life. The Senior Data Modeller will also provide services to multiple projects at a time to fulfil the data service requirements set by the bank. This is an AVP level role and is a cross between a leadership and a hands-on role.
* To provide services to data projects in order to bring the Architects designs to life
* Liaise with the Data Architects to see what requirements need to be fulfilled and what platform the designs need to be integrated on.
* To be the initial contact of all projects within the Data area
* Question Stakeholders & Architects to identify why any changes are being implemented, what changes need to be implemented and what requirements are needed etc.
* To work on either brand new systems or providing minor tweaks to existing systemss
* Strong analytical skills to understand business processes, systems and data
* Ability to present solutions to Technical and Senior Business Stakeholders in order to gain their agreement
* Strong practical experience with data models, data flow diagrams, capturing and using meta-data, metadata modelling, relational databases and bridge forward/ bridge back data techniques
* Experience in setting Data Policies and overseeing projects against standards, escalating where appropriate and managing exceptions
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.