Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Overview of role
The Global Cyber Risk Operations group is currently looking for a Senior Cyber Security Specialist based in the London Head office to be responsible for escalation and lead investigation of Cyber security incidents within established Service Level Agreements.
Performing daily operational real-time monitoring and analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from Security Information Monitoring tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, network infrastructure logs, system logs (Unix & Windows), applications and databases. When security incidents have been identified the senior analyst will need the appropriate knowledge to conduct computer forensic analysis, data recovery, eDiscovery, and other IT investigative work.
* Additional responsibilities will include performing documentation review and improvement, attending meetings as needed, serve front line response for troubleshooting low-level engineering issues as needed.
* Collaboration with IT technical teams for issue resolution and mitigation
* Documentation of actions taken for audit, regulatory and legal purposes within approved event tracking system
* Communicate and escalate issues and incidents as required by process or management
* Collaboration with IT technical teams to deliver Information Security service improvements through project lifecycle
* A strong understanding of real Incident Response and Malware Analysis
* A sound understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
* Solid and demonstrable comprehension of Information Security including malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
* Host level forensics
* Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritisation skills
* Experience assisting the development and maintenance of tools, procedures, and documentation for the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT)
* Customer service including the resolution of customer escalations, incident handling, and response
* Subject matter expert (SME) in one or multiple areas such as Windows, Unix, firewalls, intrusion detection, threat detection analysis, or computer forensic
* Ability to think strategically, work with a sense of urgency and pay attention to detail
* Ability to follow detailed process and procedure documentation
* Ability to present complex solutions and methods to general community
* Demonstrated ability to be reliable and flexible
* Excellent written and verbal communication and organisational skills
* Outstanding work ethic
* Strong team player that collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources
* Understanding of network design principles with and knowledge of the OSI model
* Ability to rapidly find, assimilate and correlate information correctly while under pressure
* Network, Security, or Platform certification(s) (S+, N+, MCSP, CNA)
* One or more of the following SANS GIAC, GCIA or GCIH certification
* and/or CISSP, CISM c
* Experience working on global teams across time zones, cultures, and languages
* The Global Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT)
* is a 24x7, follow-the-sun operation and as such, this person will be required to cover shift rotational based within UK business hours Monday to Friday.