Deutsche Bank AG
★★★★★ 2 Reviews
Job title: Senior Business Advisor
Corporate title: Assistant Vice President
Division: Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime
You will be reporting to the Global Head of Anti-Financial Crime (AFC).Reporting to the Global Head of AFC is the Global Head of AML/Know Your Customer (KYC) and Business Line AFC (BLAFC) and the Global Head of Anti-Fraud, Bribery and Corruption (AFBC).
Your team advises the businesses on best practices and standards for risk-mitigation reflecting the applicable provisions of the German Anti-Money Laundering Act and the German Banking Act and applicable local laws in each jurisdiction in which the business line operates. BLAFC drives divisional and cross-regional harmonisation of AFC for Deutsche Bank businesses by facilitating the development of globally consistent strategies and responses to issues and supporting cross-regional initiatives.
You will set up AFBC Policies, designs and implement Global AFBC strategy, programme-wide framework and policy governance and provides a senior point of escalation for global AFBC related queries, incidents and breaches. You will provide AFC Subject Matter Expert (SME) support and advice to business on strategy, initiatives, projects, products, cases, transactions and policy application / interpretation.
You will work to ensure a globally consistent approach to responding to ABC issues across Deutsche Bank businesses by liaising with other ABC officers/counsel, and working closely with the Global AFBC, Global AML/KYC/BLAFC and Business stakeholders, to make decisions on operational matters relevant to the AFBC Program.
* Supporting the Global ABC Business Advisor
* Liaising between the businesses and AFBC supporting divisional harmonisation and driving consistency in cross-regional ABC analysis and decisions
* Providing AFC/ABC SME supporting and advising the business on products, cases, transactions and policy application / interpretation
* Supporting the undertaking of global AFC/ABC risk assessments of strategically important clients
* Acting as an escalation and decision point for AFBC issues relating to global customers or transactions
* Providing SME input into, and participating in, enhanced due diligence initiatives for cross-regional, cross-divisional strategically important high risk clients
* Working with Global AFC functions, business and Client On-Boarding (COB) stakeholders to develop globally consistent strategies to address the ABC risks of current activities and future initiatives across Deutsche Bank's businesses
* Communicating all critical ABC issues to Global ABC Business Advisor
* Supporting Global ABC Business Advisor in managing special ABC projects
* Attending and assisting at meetings as directed by the Global ABC Business Advisor to communicate AFBC matters and liaise with various regional and global stakeholders (business, compliance, legal etc.)
* Assisting in tracking emerging AFBC legislation and regulation
Skills & Qualifications:
* Educated to bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualifications/ relevant work experience (law degree beneficial)
* A background in financial crime compliance or be a professional with a background and good knowledge of bribery and corruption laws and regulations
* A good knowledge of anti-bribery and corruption systems, controls and preventative measures, ideally including experience of advising on and managing ABC risks
* Excellent drafting and analytical skills
* Previous banking experience, and good understanding of Deutsche Bank, its divisions, products and risk related processes
* A team player and self-starter
* Ability to act on own initiative and to learn quickly
* Able to handle and manage a number of different matters simultaneously
* A strong communicator, comfortable dealing with challenging conversations and conflict situations
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.