Engineering & development
Engineering & development
Radbroke. Barclays Technology Campus. A truly digital business. Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, Radbroke is a vital strategic centre and one of the largest for information security in the UK. Here, 3500 of the best minds in the business conceive, design and develop the innovative technology solutions that protect our customers and lead the world in digital banking. It's where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.
Job Title: Senior Automation Tester
Location: Radbroke Hall, Knutsford
Technology at Barclays
When people think of banks, they usually think of branches, investment banking and board rooms. But online banking, complex international transactions and security require complex technology - and that's why technology is a driving force at Barclays.
Please visit our Technology careers website here for more information.
The Customer Contact application team design, develop, test and maintain a wide range of solutions and capabilities to allow customers to contact the bank easily and effectively through telephony and similar means. Solutions and capabilities include IVR (Interactive Voice Response), desktop applications for colleagues, voice biometrics, video banking and much more.
* To build and use your testing and quality skills / knowledge to help teams efficiently develop and deliver great solutions for customers and colleagues
* To lead others in doing so
* To help us get continually better at testing
* You will understand how to apply test automation effectively to get the best returns from it (e.g. as advised by the Agile Test Pyramid), and will understand how to keep automated tests extensible and maintainable
* You will be enthusiastic about learning products in detail and the value they provide
* You will have excellent communication skills, and be able to work closely with other specialists including designers, developers, product owners, project managers and others
* You will have ideally have experience of at least some of the following (the more the better!): test automation frameworks and APIs, scripting languages, Linux, continuous integration and build tools, Java, SQL, databases, mainframes, web servers and middleware technology
* It is beneficial but not essential for you to have knowledge of large blue chip organisations, and of complex domains with regulatory requirements such as financial services
* You will have deep knowledge of the core skills of testing
* You will have at least an awareness of leading edge techniques for better testing
* You will be a good leader, able to mentor and develop staff, undertake line management activity, and inspire other testers
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.