SQL Developer (Contract)
Daily rate: Very competitive
Ideal skills: SQL Developer, SQL Server 2012, SSIS, Tables, Triggers, Stored Procedures
SQL Developer - Contract. An excellent opportunity has arisen for a SQL Developer to join us at Barclays on a contract.
Overall purpose of role
* Under the leadership of the Development Manager and a SCRUM Master, the role of the SQL Server developer is to evolve some aspects of the database design (incorporating data and application design) and code implementations for one or more work packages within various projects for our real-time equity trading applications, the main elements of required previous experience being real-time STP operations of large volumes of orders, payments or similar in multiple concurrent database transactions.
* Responsible for taking business requirements and translating them into technical designs following principles set by the Architecture team and Business Analysts and subject to reviews of other more experienced team members.
* Contributing to defining stories to meet the requirements.
* Providing estimates of effort required for developer tasks individually or within the Agile planning sessions.
* Producing and maintaining SQL server database code, unit tests and SSIS assets.
* Possess a good knowledge of the core database development platform with experience of performance tuning.
* Providing support to a mixture of automated and manual testing cycles ensuring that defects are resolved.
* Essential skills:
* Transact SQL (on SQL Server)
* Microsoft SQL Server 2012
* SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
* Performance monitoring and tuning of databases
* Desirable skills:
* Autosys for the execution and scheduling of batch Jobs
* Redgate Development Tools
* Change Control processes
* JIRA/QC/Agile methodology
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.