Job Title: EMEA Risk and Control Officer (AVP)
This role falls under the Market Operations Risk, Control & Regulatory Management (RCRM), which as a department supports Market and Service Operations by providing central and independent support and coordination of the Operational Risk Management Framework.
The role sits within the first line of defence and supports Agency Derivative Service Operations (ADS), which covers:
* OTC and Futures Clearing: T0/Trade processing, Trade Clearing, T1 margining, reconciliations, client service, funding
* FXPB and Intermediation: T0/Trade Processing
* Coordination of the Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA) refresh program, defining Material Risks and documenting the Design and Operational Effectiveness of key controls.
* Proactive assessment and escalation of risk and its mitigation through the application of controls.
* Embedding awareness of risk and the benefits of the Risk Management Framework including but not limited to Training, Risk Assessment, Incident Management, Spot testing and ongoing Risk Action and Remediation tracking.
* Providing robust R&C governance and guidance to ensure compliance with Barclays Group and local risk and control policies, standards, frameworks and procedures.
* Coordination of key R&C change/initiatives - e.g. Reconciliation Logic, Procedures.
* Develop and maintain a comprehensive and robust operations risk and control framework
* Support and oversee the risk assessment and monitoring program including KRI completeness, risk reporting, control self assessments.
* Ensuring effective Risk & Control Management reporting and information is produced for Senior Management.
* Identify, understand and monitor regional/global Operations Risk & Regulatory control themes.
* Drive compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Review risk event/incidents ensuring that root cause analysis is undertaken in order for control weakness to be identified and remediated.
* Extensive knowledge of operational risk frameworks, control processes and practices, including experience in their design, application and testing
Experienced in planning, organising, and managing multiple initiatives
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.